Viewsonic 20" VX2022w & VX2025wm UK Release Dates

pfk

pfk

Associate
A fair few people have expressed an interest in these two monitors but up until now there has been a lot of speculation surrounding the UK release date.

Having contacted Viewsonic, I can now confirm that they are scheduled for release in March and not February (as many of us had speculated).

So it looks like we're in for a long wait then. :(

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Scoobie Dave said:
The VX2022w is the 3ms version, right?

Yeh I believe so.

edit : hehe, Raymond and I both 'believe so' :)

second edit : yeh, simple things for simple minds eh

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
just found a little more info on the 2025 that has probably already been seen, but this site reports it will use an IPS panel:

http://product.pcpop.com/000023960/Index.html

what are the advantages of this type over others? i've heard of most and have now turned away from TN, but have heard relatively little of IPS/sIPS

however, i still think this is what we'll see released, and that the 2022 has been shelved - why would they release both? consumers would see VX2022 and VX2025 and think immediately that the 2022 is worse than the 2025 purely due to the numbering. the fact that the 2025 is rated at 8ms rather than the 3ms of the 2022 is worrying though. could this, and the naming, be due to a different panel type being used?

ie, the 2025 has an IPS/sIPS panel for better angles/colour reproduction, the 2022 has a beefed-up TN screen for transition speed?

anyone got any more info?

i think there are a LOT of people waiting for that killer 20" widescreen at the moment!

Associate
So whats so bad about the Viewsonic 2025? For those of use that don't understand all the jargon.

All I need is a screen with very good black levels for films and a fast enough response time for games. At the moment I have an LG L1730B which has a response time of 12 or 8..I can't remember. That's good enough for me as I don't notice any ghosting.

Caporegime
From Baddass's review

IPS (In Plane Switching) was introduced to try and improve on some of these drawbacks. It was developed by Hitachi and was dubbed “super TFT”. They improved on viewing angles up to about 170H. This was done by controlling liquid crystal alignment slightly differently, but unfortunately, can affect response rate of the pixels. As such they are not as good for gaming as TN panels. They didn’t make any improvements on black reproduction really either, but dead pixels only show as black, not bright colours. IPS panels were later developed into Super-IPS (S-IPS) panels and production costs were lowered which has meant they have become more widely used. S-IPS offer perhaps the most accurate colour reproduction available in the TFT panel market, but response times and black levels remain inferior to those of MVA/PVA technology.

The third type is VA (Vertical Alignment) panels. The early VA panels have been scrapped due to poor viewing angles, and in their place came the MVA and PVA panels. These offer superior colour reproduction compared with TN film, but not quite as good as IPS / S-IPS. They do however have the advantage of being able to show good black levels and viewing angles are also very good . This is done by having all the colour elements of the panel split into cells or zones. These are formed by ridges on an internal surface of filters. The purpose of this design is to enable liquid crystals to move in opposite direction to their neighbours. It allows the observer to see the same shade of color irrespective of a viewing angle. There have been improvements to the MVA (Multidomain VA) and PVA (Patterned VA) technologies which has given birth to the Premium-MVA (P-MVA) and Super-PVA (S-PVA) technologies. More info on all of these can be found here.

Well, it looks like i might just have to get a Dell. Was looking forward for some true black when watching movies in the dark !

Associate
When I spoke to ViewSonic they did say that it was the 2022 being released in March, and that it was rated at 3ms.

We may know closer to the date.

Are any other manufacturers TFTs being released in March?

Back
Top Bottom