Samsung 930BF buzzing! normal?

Associate
hiho

just installed a new cpu fan in an attempt to make my system silent but since i can hear a buzzing noise. its noticeable when the system posts / boots - when the screen goes on and off.

i thought it was the gfx card at first but i can place my head in between the box and the monitor and it is definately the monitor. :o

i have never noticed before, maybe because i had an annoying loud cpu cooler but is this a normal thing? now i have noticed it it's damn annoying.

try switching your tft on and off to see if u can hear any noise if you dont mind and let me know, especially if u have the same monitor.

Associate
I don't have the same monitor, mines a Viewsonic VP930 and silent, but some monitors do buzz a little especially when changing screens such as in boot-up. Sometimes lowering the brightness or contrast a little will take it away.

Associate
A faint buzz has been the norm on all he tfts i've had.

I've had an Eizo monitor which at first it started off as a quiet buzz, but over time became louder than the rest of the system. It was partciularly notcable on colour changes. Turned out to be a wire to part of the backlight which had become colied up. Eizo sent a brand new monitor to me in under 24 hours :D

If it's just a faint buzz i wouldn't worry, but keep an eye on it for if it gets louder, maybe have a word with Samsung if you're concerned.

Regards

Associate
OP
noticed something new yesterday :)

i use the magic tune app quite a lot, i use the presets in the Picture > 'magic bright'

Text - darkish - low buzzing
Internet - bit brighter - high buzzing
Game - very bright - no noise
Sport - bright and blue tint - no noise
Movie - warm - no noise

Back
Top Bottom