ecu remap questions

Associate
I have a passat 1.8T (2001 year model). I am considering an ecu remap, as the performance gain is quite unbelievable... from 150bhp to 212bhp!!.

Im looking for anyone who has done this, any regrets? Did it change fuel consumption, or overall wear n tear to car.
i'm impressed by the figures.. but not not really keen on trashing my car for a performance gain

Revo seem to know what their doing, so these are the guys who i would probably go with..
Any thoughts?
Ta.

Soldato
More power equals more petrol (it has to come from somewhere!) so if you are a quick driver your fuel economy will probably be worse however if you drive sedately then you might not notice any difference (although if you drive like that then what's the point of the remap?)

The way turbo engines gain power is usually from running more boost hence more wear and tear. As long as they map within the tolerance levels of the car you should have no problems (ie instead of needing a new turbo at 100k, you might now need one at 90k)

Permabanned
eidolon said:
More power equals more petrol (it has to come from somewhere!) so if you are a quick driver your fuel economy will probably be worse however if you drive sedately then you might not notice any difference (although if you drive like that then what's the point of the remap?)

The way turbo engines gain power is usually from running more boost hence more wear and tear. As long as they map within the tolerance levels of the car you should have no problems (ie instead of needing a new turbo at 100k, you might now need one at 90k)

Exactly what ^ he said! As far as I know, this power upgrade is well within the turbos tollerance of the 1.8Ts, but as above, it will ultimately increase wear on the turbo and other components. Still fun to do though, so, lets get busy! :D

Back
Top Bottom