• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do Leadtek GTX cards auto overclock?

Associate
I have a Leadtek GTX extreme in my system which is clocked at 490Mhz from the factory.

When I ran 3dmark05 I managed to get 8302 (X2 3800, 2gb Gskill, A8n-sli) without any overclocking, but the report said that my GPU was clocked at 529mhz.

Im running the latest offical drivers with no Leadtek software installed.

Is this an error or did the card auto clock itself??

Associate
As I understand it the 7800 core runs at different speeds in different parts. The geometric domain runs at a higher 529 but the shader & ROP doamin run at the reported 490. So it does not auto overclock. You should see this is Rivatuner monitoring.

Associate
OP
boosfuk said:
As I understand it the 7800 core runs at different speeds in different parts. The geometric domain runs at a higher 529 but the shader & ROP doamin run at the reported 490. So it does not auto overclock. You should see this is Rivatuner monitoring.

OK. So, if I overclocked the card a bit would the geometric domain speed increase? (@ work at the moment so I cant check).

Back
Top Bottom