"Help" RAID0 Question

Associate
My system is already up an running, I have one Digital Raptor Drive that I use just for my windows operating system!!! I want to install two Digital Raptor drives now in RAID 0 without having to reinstall windows, i don't want these drives to have the opperating system on, i want to use these drives for music storage and games.

Can some tell me if this is possible an if so can some explain to me how this is done, i'm a complete noob to computers so anyhelp will be great!

Thanks

Soldato
You have Windows on a Raptor... and you want RAID0 your existing Raptor with a second, but you dont want Windows on it...

That suggests to me you need to reinstall Windows to whatever drive you get to put your OS on :p

I suppose you could get something like Norton Ghost and copy the image over...

SiriusB

Man of Honour
Are you going to keep your existing Raptor and then buy a further 2? If so then yes you can Raid0 the 2 new Raptors without reinstalling Windows.

The easiest and most secure way of doing so would be to unplug your existing Raptor and connect up your 2 new Raptors to the other Raid ports then go into the Raid 'bios' and create your Raid0 array. Once done you will need to reconnect your existing Raptor and possibly install the drivers for it to recognise your new array.

If that isn't what you are asking then could you clarify a bit further please :)

Back
Top Bottom