K-Lite Codec Pack 2.67 Full Dose it have spyware and adware?

Soldato
-Mighty-Mick- said:
Well its based on Kazaa for a start!

haha. you're serious aren't you. :D

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codecs are required to encode and/or decode (play) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

how that's related to kazaa or being illegal i don't know.... :p

but i'm with mr miller on this. get ffdshow, does the same thing without all the bloat. :)

Permabanned
Codec packs suck big time and more often then not conflict with each other and cause untold problems!!

As stated use ffdshow

Or better still have a try of my favourite: V.L.C
V L C will play practically any video/audio file you can find, it will even play DVD'S superbly. Fantastic FREE media player that doesn’t even need installing (simply runs straight from it's extracted folder :D )

Associate
iirc Klite was a hacked version of Kazzaa hence the confusion :D

anyways, the klite codec pac is definately the codec pack of choice, including codecs to play realmedia and quicktime without having to install the official junk which does include spyware. ffdshow does not do this. but the pack does include the latest ffdshow codec aswell :)

it simply allows u to play any media you come across at all on the web.

media player classic that comes with the pac just plays anything u drag into it :)

just to reply to the previous post, i tried VLC but still came across stuff it would not play. MPC just seems to breeze through everything.

Soldato
VLC is great, but has 2 incredibly annoying features (or lack of), 1 is that you cant shift position while in full screen, and secondly it doesnt disable the screensaver when playing video.

In my experience, a combination of ffdshow, ac3filter and cyberlink powerdvd works to play anything ive tried aside from some mp4 and 3gp stuff which only works in quicktime. I use an spdif connection to my av reciever and this setup also works perfectly with sending ac3 signals to the reciever.

Soldato
P_A_N_I_C said:
iirc Klite was a hacked version of Kazzaa hence the confusion :D

anyways, the klite codec pac is definately the codec pack of choice, including codecs to play realmedia and quicktime without having to install the official junk which does include spyware. ffdshow does not do this. but the pack does include the latest ffdshow codec aswell :)

real alternative takes care of rm, and comes with media player classic as well;)

Soldato
james.miller said:
real alternative takes care of rm, and comes with media player classic as well;)

Might as well install K-Lite Mega then!... as its got both Quick and Real Alternative (MPC) and plays everything else!...

And who said it had Bloat???... Its teeeeny and has next to no memory hog as its based on good ole Media Player Classic (not the new 8, 9 or 10 Bloatware!)

Back
Top Bottom