Suggest a comedy movie

Associate
Just read in another thread breifly mentioning 40 year old virgin and I really want to watch a new pure comedy film such as that.

So I'm open to suggestions, whats your favourite comedy film? New an maybe unheard movies would be good aswell aslong as they're hilarious.

Few I've seen:
40 year old virgin
Anchorman
Dodgeball
Wedding Crashers
The longest yard
Mr Deeds
Meet the parents/fockers

few others but I wont list them all. Just to give an idea of the comedy I'm after.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
just watch Mr Deeds again as it's great. you seem to be a fan of my 2 favourite cliques...Mr. Sandler's clique and Mr. Stiller's clique.

watch:
Old School
Big Daddy
Happy Gilmore

Soldato
You need a higher class of comedy. Those films are all very funny, but they're american humour. Its quite visual, quite obvious. They're like the "Friends" series in movie form, what you need is something like "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or "Arrested Development" in film form, imo :)

Naked Gun series (okay, obvious comedy but done BRILLIANTLY)
Lost In Translation (quietly funny)
Monty Python

:)

"He's not the messiah, he's a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!"

Soldato
hogfather said:
You need a higher class of comedy. Those films are all very funny, but they're american humour. Its quite visual, quite obvious. They're like the "Friends" series in movie form, what you need is something like "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or "Arrested Development" in film form, imo :)

Monty Python

:)

"He's not the messiah, he's a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!"

Arrested Development is so utterly hilarious :D Even got Ben Stiller in it as TONY WONDER! :p

Soldato
Try and Track dow 'A Weekend at Bernies' Hilarious Watersking!...

the Sequel was Funny but not as good!!!...

then you could also try 'Clue'... its (sort of) base on the game of Cluedo!...

Associate
Old School
Van Wilder
Soul Plane
Boat Trip
American Pie 1,2,3
If you liked "The Longest Yard" watch "Mean Machine" :)
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
50 First Dates
The Hot Chick
Little Nicky
The Waterboy
Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison

There are probably quite a few more but I cannot remember the others at the moment

Soldato
Dumb and Dumber's a classic and missing from your list!
We thought 40 Year Old Virgin was dreadful - and all those American Pie type films with irritating American student types.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
hogfather said:

i havent seen Naked Gun for ages. everytime i go into HMV, i'm like "must buy the box set" and i always come out with something else! :rolleyes:

I didnt get Lost in Translation...we switched that off about about 3/4 of an hour. though i cant decide if that was to stop me looking at SJ's boobies

Soldato
hogfather said:
arrested development was totally the best show on tv last year! None of my friends or family really "get" it though, and think its rubbish.

It's the funniest thing to come out of America in years. My mate has Season 2 on DVD, and it's just side-splittingly funny :)

Sic said:
i havent seen Naked Gun for ages. everytime i go into HMV, i'm like "must buy the box set" and i always come out with something else! :rolleyes:

I didnt get Lost in Translation...we switched that off about about 3/4 of an hour. though i cant decide if that was to stop me looking at SJ's boobies

I was pretty bored by Lost In Translation. I thought SJ's character was pretty poorly developed, and you didn't seem to really be shown much about her. She seemed to contradict herself in terms of motivation/direction/actions at points too which just made her feel false. Bill Murray is great in it, and SJ acts well, but there's not too much she could do about her character really I guess. It's alrite, but nothing special. My dad loved it because he's done the whole sitting on the side of the bed in Japan on business trips thinking "What the hell am I doing?". I, on the other hand, didn't :p

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Carzy said:
I thought SJ's character was pretty poorly developed, and you didn't seem to really be shown much about her. She seemed to contradict herself in terms of motivation/direction/actions at points too which just made her feel false.

also, she didnt get her wabs out (iirc)

Soldato
I think LiT does revolve strongly around the ridiculousness (sp?!!) of the situation he's in, and the loneliness and alienation you can feel.

BUT WHAT DOES HE SAY AT THE END? Argh it drives me mad! Iknow tyou're not supposed to be able to hear, but still!

Sic

Sic

Soldato
she really is. my girlfriend made the mistake of buying me an SJ calendar for christmas one year. she's all jealous of her now.

Soldato
Picture0011.jpg

"My name's Scarlett, I have stretchy skin, don't you waannnt to kiss me!!!!"

That's how I see her.

Back
Top Bottom