• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU volts fluctuating in cpuz, is it normal?

Soldato
Bit worried as its 1.4 in bios but in cpuz its ranmly going fgrom 1.390 ish to 1.44 ish. Im a bit worried is it ok or if not how do i stable it out to 1.4 all the time?

Asus a8v deluxe rev 2 motherboard
Amd 64 3500+ cpu
asus v9999GE card (6800 2 power connectors)
Audigy 2 ZS
dvdrw
2gb GEIL ddr400 ram
arctic freezer 64 pro
1 led 120mm fan blowing at back

Akasa paxpower 400w psu
Bought recently, should be powerful enough.

On the othe comp i had befdore building this the amd xp 1900+ was rock stable volts at 1.75 so just woundering why its like this on this new comp.

Last edited:
Associate
as long as 3.3v 5v and 12v are as near as these values as possible your fine voltage will always fluctuate nothing to worry about

Associate
cpu-z does not give you totally accurate readings, it rounds the value up or down. If your voltage lies in the middle of 2 values then you will see it 'fluctuating'.
If possible, try putting a multi-meter across a molex plug to test 5V/12V and I'm confident that it'll be stable :)

Back
Top Bottom