skittles vodka

Associate
did a search, no rexults so here is my SKITTLES VODKA thread!

Heard about this a while ago, making some now. Just done my first bag of skittles for my 35cl vodka. Smelling pretty good right now, im just changing from a plastic water bottle to a big glass one, so using boiling water to sterilise / clean and remove fat from the skittles.

Anybody else tried this?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
tom26 said:
How exactly do you do it?

Google returns:

Empty the bag of skittles into the bottle of vodka. BE SURE TO TAKE OUT THE GREEN SKITTLES OR IT WILL TASTE NASTY. Leave it to sit for two days to let the skittles disolve into the vodka. Open and drink as shots, getting all the alcohol of the vodka with all the sugar of the skittles and a lovely fruity flavour. Ideal for holiday madness.

Associate
OP
Eurgh, this fat is horrid, i just transferred to a glass bottle. This is not whimpy alcopops, this is not watered down, its just nicer tasting vodka.

Associate
While at Uni someone told me about a way of making Vodka Watermelon - basically you cut a hole in the top of the watermelon and dig down so there is a hole almost all the way through, then you fill the hole with Vodka and leave it overnight. You can then cut up the watermelon and eat the vodka infused slices like normal.

Biggest waste of a perfectly good bottle of vodka (and watermelon) I've ever seen. By the morning the whole lot had just collapsed in a mushy lump :( .

Moral of the story - don't mess with vodka, it's meant to be taken very cold, neat, or at worst with a mixer ;)

Soldato
Crispy said:
While at Uni someone told me about a way of making Vodka Watermelon - basically you cut a hole in the top of the watermelon and dig down so there is a hole almost all the way through, then you fill the hole with Vodka and leave it overnight. You can then cut up the watermelon and eat the vodka infused slices like normal.

Biggest waste of a perfectly good bottle of vodka (and watermelon) I've ever seen. By the morning the whole lot had just collapsed in a mushy lump :( .

Hehe, it's in one of the Jamie Oliver cookbooks, he says to do it over a few days . iirc to let it absorb properly.

I'm having a party soon, which skittles should I take out :p

pax

pax

Associate
I've not heard of it with watermelon. Most "melon" based ones I've heard are rock melon, or cantaloupe style melons.. You cut a section out of the top to give you access to the centre. Take all the seeds out, then fill with vodka and place in fridge. Periodically remove melon from fridge and top up vodka.

After melon soaks up no more vodka, cut melon into strips and consume.

Beware getting up, from falling over, is harder the more melon you eat.

Pax

Soldato
I make flavoured vodka on a regular basis. My favourite so far has been vanilla. Just slice into a vanilla pod, pop it into the bottle (I use half bottles and make a few flavours at once) add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and leave to steep for a week shaking it gently every day.

Summerfruits flavour is also a big winner with my mates.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
My mate used to be obsessed with creating vile flavoured vodkas from whatever sweets he could lay his hands on, each one ranker than the next. The Werther's Original one wasn't bad though.

Back
Top Bottom