Best all round package - or separates?

Associate
I have already got PC Tools 2006 to optimise my system and registry, and PerfectDisk 7.0 for my defragger, but im at a loss for the best Anti-Virus package. Once I know, I think that my whole PC will be free from everything, apart from spyware of course, but then as far as I know there isnt any spyware software that prevents all the stuff from clogging up the machine?

If I have missed anything out, then please let me know :cool:

Soldato
NOD32 for your anti-virus needs.

Run Spybot and Ad-Aware daily and you wont get "clogged up". Also, Spybot has something called Immunise. Which, from what I gather, stops any known spyware getting onto your system. Not sure how that works though.

SiriusB

Man of Honour
I presume you mean Registry Mechanic by PC Tools, if so then no problems at all as it is well respected as a very good registry tool. Perfect Disk is also very good so you have optimization and disk maintenance covered. Spyware Doctor by PC Toosl would be a good choice of you are used to Reg. Mech. otherwise I can highly recommend Ewido and Avast both of which have free and pay versions I use the payed for ewido and the free Avast. Other choices include AVG or NOD32 for antivirus, Spysweeper, Microsoft Antispyware, Adaware and Spybot for anti spyware. A good AV, a good AS and Windows firewall together with the maintenance tools you already have will keep the box running sweet without too much in the way of resources.

I use Avast, Ewido, Windows firewall, PerfectDisk and TuneUp 2006 and all is running very well indeed.

Associate
OP
In terms of Anti-Spyware I have Spybot S&D, and also Ad-Aware SE Pro. Is the "AD-Watch Monitor" worth having switched on, or is it just a gimmick?

Back
Top Bottom