UK Online feedback

Associate
I signed up for ADSL2+
Installation date: 2nd Jan 2006.

Still not connected.
Rang them up about 5 minutes ago to ask what was going on and am now being told it's another 10 working days.
I've told them to put a note on my order that if it's not fulfilled by then I'm cancelling the order.

Soldato
Had them for over a year (8mbit).

Only get around 600k download due to distance to exchange.

Everything is OK, leaving soon because I can't get monthly bills (need it for expenses claim). Had some DNS probalems around 6 months ago which annoyed me!

Soldato
Had the 2mb IPstream, 8mb LLU and now ADSL2+ service with them so I guess I'm probably qualified to talk about them lol

8mb service was absolutely flawless, rock solid connection, and great pings. Not much more to say about that.

22mb (19,500 kB/s in reality for me) has been touch and go so far. The Netgear that make you purchase isn't regarded as the best router on the market and it's locked up a few times on me. A quick router restart always does the trick. ADSL2+ pings are also some 30ms higher due to the default Interleave mode they use. I asked nicely and they promptly switched me to Faspath which saw my pings back down in the 13ms region. I've now purchased a Billion 7402 VGL after a lot of people have found significant improvements due to the chipset used in it.

As for the company rather than the service I have had some problems with them. My 8mb activation took 4 weeks and I was promised (yes actualy promised in writing) that I'd definately be activated on 3 seperates dates which all came and went.

If you need to know anything specific just ask.

Back
Top Bottom