DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT vs a8n32

Associate
i have been looking at these 2 boards (see title) theres a couple of questions that i trying to work out,

1.am i right in thinking only the asus board offers true x16 perfermance in sli mode ( ie both cards running at x16 not x8)

2.if i purchase a single 7800 gtx graphics card would i gain a boost over my twin 6800gt's...
any help would be appreciated ,i know the lan party is the best overclocker from many reviews i have read , but my main area will be gaming and video transcoding my setup at the the mo is in my sig..:)

Soldato
Hi,

The Asus is true 2x16, the DFI is 2x8 (or 1x16). I've got the DFI Expert so I'm obviously biased towards that, however, I've heard excellent things about the Asus, it's supposed to be easy to set up and very stable. To be honest, I've found the DFI no problem either, but then I like fiddling about with them.

I came from an SLI 6800gt setup (432/1300) to an SLI 7800gtx setup and there is a difference between the former and a single GTX. As well as the performance there's also noise, the GTX is much quieter and cooler.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
I believe there is a small boost with the Asus using SLI, its because the channels don't become too bogged down with information iirc, but we are only talking about something like 3% :) I would have the DFI board personally, more stuff to fiddle with :D

Associate
OP
some good advice to go with thanks arcane , to be honest i've always wanted a lan party like i said previously all the reviews on that board have come up trumps....
The only down side is i cant stretch my budget to 2 7800 gtx at the moment :rolleyes:
thanks again

Soldato
No problem mate. Just remember that the Lan Party's are a tweakers board, they do take some effort to get the best out of them, (though that's the fun bit, right?)
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom