Anyone With OneTel? What are they like.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Looking to change ISPs soon and OneTel has caught my eye, but im just worried they might be rubbish. Is their anyone on here that knows anything about them?

Been looking on ADSLguide and they seem to have an OK line but bad customer service. Im just worried they will be anotehr tiscali with really bad speeds/gaming pings at night due to them being totally unlimited (apparantely).

Cheers

Soldato
OneTel have been purchased by TalkTalk, and TalkTalk are doing major traffic shaping - people don't seem to be very happy. I think they'll be merging the two brands together at some point...

Personally, I wouldn't go near them any more - although a while back (a couple of years) I did use One.Tel ISDN and it was decent.

Soldato
*resists urge to swear repeatedly*

I had one.tel ages ago and the service was awful, mind you, not quite as awful as the customer service, I tried to cancel and I've now phoned, emailed and written a letter but they've STILL got my spare line tied up with their broadband, their indian call centre don't seem to have worked out what "I'd like to cancel my account please" means and a year on I'm rapidly beginning to lose my patience with this useless bunch of cretins.

Soldato
OP
OllyM said:
What are your requirements? i.e. price/cap/speed?

£20 month tops ideally with no less than a 20GB a month cap. Not too bothered about speed as i dont download a lot but 1mb minimum as im on 2mb currently.

Looking at Demon 2mb and it seems to get decent reviews?

Soldato
in the last month I've had nearly every one of my clients who are on onetel phone up and tell me they can't send email any more, they get told that they SMTP server has changed to mail.onetel.com but that doesn't work either.
looks like onetel/talktalk are gonna lose a load of customers in cornwall!
anyone recommend a similar cheap ISP that isn't made of turd? don't mind caps etc or shaping.

Soldato
I used to be with onetel and had a great service for years, then they were bought by TalkTalk and things have gone downhill. Their customer service was always awful yet has now sunk to really low depths, but more importantly my service was being affected so i went over to Be*.

Soldato
still onetel here and never had any problems. 2mb uncapped broadband, free UK calls all the time for 20odd quid a month isnt bad for being out in the country.

Back
Top Bottom