Samsung D600 users - tell me all about your phone

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The time has come to swap contracts again and finally get rid of my much hated Orange C500 smart phone for something that's more usable as a phone in general. I'd love Nokia E70 as it seems to have absolutely everything I ever wanted but it's not out yet and probably won't be cheap once it's out anyway. D600 looks like a good alternative - good phone, decent camera etc, read all possible reviews of it, but from experience I know reviews can be misleading - I remember every site peed all over their legs after C500 last year and it turned out to be a great toy for many tasks but esentially very poor tool for everyday use and calling peope. So I have few questions to actual Samsung D600 users:

- Alarms. I really need good alarm/alert system in my phone - my life depends on it - does samsung D600 have multiple alarms, are they loud and do they have customisable sounds? If it doesn't are there any third party alarm progs compatible with D600.
- What are things you DO NOT like about D600. I pretty much read all day about good sides of D600, I'd love to hear what you'd like to change about your phone.

Associate
v0n said:
So I have few questions to actual Samsung D600 users:

- Alarms. I really need good alarm/alert system in my phone - my life depends on it - does samsung D600 have multiple alarms, are they loud and do they have customisable sounds? If it doesn't are there any third party alarm progs compatible with D600.

* 3 separate alarms.
* They're loud (depends on your hearing I guess :)) if you have the ringing volume set to 5.
* You can't, as far as I can see, customise the sounds (you get 5 to choose from).

v0n said:
- What are things you DO NOT like about D600.

Just a few minor things......

* I'm used to Nokia's predictive texting, Samsung does it slightly differently (different buttons have different functions from Nokia phones) so it takes me a wee while to get used to it. It's not a big deal though.
* You can't customise sounds for text messages.
* There's no way to save a contact's address on the phone if the address isn't short enough to fit into the "Note" section. (You can save Contact name; Mobile number; Home number; Office number; Fax number; Other; Email; URL; Note.)

I'll add more if I think of any.... :p

Associate
jmc777 said:
* 3 separate alarms.
* They're loud (depends on your hearing I guess :)) if you have the ringing volume set to 5.
* You can't, as far as I can see, customise the sounds (you get 5 to choose from).
On my D600 I can choose any sound I like for the alarm sound, including MP3s...

Back
Top Bottom