Creative Zen Vision:M Arrived at OcUK!!!

Soldato
We have just received the Zen Vision:M 30GB MP3/Video player by Creative. These are excellent players as they will hold your MP3's, videos, has a built-in FM radio and more. These have been rated much higher than the Apple iPod Videos and stock is limited so buy now to avoid dissapointment!!!:)

BUY NOW!!!

Associate
ordered :cool:

been looking around for these to be availible for a while now, there was only one other place i could find that had them, for £250 inc delivery as well but not next day.

done so much research comparing this to the ipod video and this is clearly the winner... can't wait :D

Man of Honour
But still only 30gb.... :mad:

Want a decent size drive in them now...Got all the features I need and more - but capacity people!!!

Simon/~Flibster

Caporegime
Stellios said:
Seems the Ipod has a competitor.

But does this have the killer combination of iPod + iTunes, along with the music store?

Oh, wait. It's not just the hardware that makes the iPod popular. The same way the hardware isn't the only reason people buy Macs.

Oh and guys, it was a serious question, no need to crap on my posts. Care to provide me with a store email address where I can send my enquiries instead of getting all "ZOMG NO STORE QUESTIONS GRRRR"

Caporegime
Even if it had a 3 year, Creative would deny they ever made it after 7 months anyway and refuse to support it. Gotta love Creative.

Caporegime
Just to add to my earlier point about integration, it should get better for these players (if they are PlaysForSure), as you won't have to install any Creative software, it will just sync into Media Player, and Media Player 11 will have store integration, rather than a website interface thing.

Soldato
Caged said:
But does this have the killer combination of iPod + iTunes, along with the music store?

Oh, wait. It's not just the hardware that makes the iPod popular. The same way the hardware isn't the only reason people buy Macs.

Thats a personal view to be honest, you prefer itunes, i prefer drag and drop. As for music store, not bothered, my dads a DJ so he buys most of the stuff i want on CD anyways, and the place he works for pays him back for the CDs usually, rendering itunes useless for me at least.

Associate
adwhitworth said:
Gibbo, Fatboy and Myself have all played with this player and we all agree it is far superior to the iPod Video.

It's a fair bit chunkier though, looks nearly twice the thickness in the pic below.

creativevisionsize.jpg

/Edit. Just read in a review that the screen's about as easilly scratched as the iPod one.

Caporegime
Stellios said:
i prefer drag and drop

Which this isn't. I honestly don't see drag and drop as a viable solution for digital audio players any more, what with the capacities reaching 15,000 tracks. You need some software to keep track of all those, as well as handling the ratings, and the database relating all the songs to each other in terms of artist or whatever.

Last edited:
Soldato
looks nice, but i think i'll stick with my ipod. Looks very thick from the picture, and the thiness of the ipod is what I love. Also no 60gb version is a deal killer for me.

I can't see how people use drag and drop these days. All my music files (~20000) are tagged perfectly and have regular file names, but i still couldn't keep track of them without itunes or foobar to create a library of tracks.

From what I can see it also still doesn't have any support for a lossless codec, another total deal killer for me.

Associate
the ipod does look like a very sexy piece of technology, but feature-wise the zen kills the ipod.

includes mains adapter for faster charging and charging on the move
outputs via av cable at full 640x480 instead of ipods 320240
battery lasts twice as long
supports a multitude of video formats. when putting vids on the zen if it doesnt support the format, it converts it so it does
radio
microphone (good for recording lectures for me)

those reasons were more than enough for me to choose the zen over the ipod. got mine today, its a great bit of kit.

Soldato
BUSH said:
looks nice, but i think i'll stick with my ipod. Looks very thick from the picture, and the thiness of the ipod is what I love. Also no 60gb version is a deal killer for me.

I can't see how people use drag and drop these days. All my music files (~20000) are tagged perfectly and have regular file names, but i still couldn't keep track of them without itunes or foobar to create a library of tracks.

From what I can see it also still doesn't have any support for a lossless codec, another total deal killer for me.

Drag and Drop is fantastic IMO. As long as you organise your music into an Artist/Album/Track.mp3 type folder structure it's fantastically simple. Of course, synchronisation is a very desireable feature too.

Back
Top Bottom