Good deal

Associate
Good deal?

Hi,

I am currently looking for a car and I have been offered what seems like a really good deal.

An r reg 306 Vivant, 1.6 petrol, 5 door, with 60k. MOT, Serviced and Taxed in Oct. In really good nick apparently. Owned by the wife of my uncles best friend who is also a peugeot dealer. They said I can have it for £1800, which I thought was really good. I haven't had the chance to pop up and see it yet (it is in York, I'm in Essex) but my uncle knows the car and says it is sound.

I was just wondering if this was a good price, and what sort of features I would expect to see on it, e.g. P/S, C/L ect?

Last edited:
Soldato
A quick look on AT shows it seems to be a good price.

As for spec, it will have 5 Doors, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Power steering.

Associate
I used to have one of them with 50k miles. I sold it over the summer for £2,500. It had electric front windows, remote central locking, manual mirrors, dual airbags (option i think), power steering, aircon (there were 2 versions, 1 with aircon, other with sunroof).

Guv

Guv

Soldato
Personally I'd expect better for £1800.
My step brother got a 1999 T reg 306 1.6 meridian for £1700 almost a year ago. It had done higher mileage but was also a better spec. It was a phase 2, which is this one?

I'd either try and get it a bit cheaper or look for another one.

Just my opinion though :)

Associate
OP
Guv said:
Personally I'd expect better for £1800.
My step brother got a 1999 T reg 306 1.6 meridian for £1700 almost a year ago. It had done higher mileage but was also a better spec. It was a phase 2, which is this one?

I'd either try and get it a bit cheaper or look for another one.

Just my opinion though :)

what's different about the spec?

Man of Honour
1800 quid for a poverty spec 306? Don't waste your time, thats lots of cash for not much car.

Find a higher spec one or buy a newer, better specified Citroen Xsara for less money, they are mechanically identical.

Cue whinges about looks and people arguing that of course the 306 is better becuase it looks nicer, as if anyone on the street would even give either car a second glance anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom