Anyone use a PS2 dual shock controller in PC games?

Associate
I am now going back to PC gaming after an absence of over a year and as much as I love PC gaming, one niggle I always had was that on driving games I found that I couldn't get the control that I was used to when I used to have a PlayStation 2.
I found that Sony's dualshock controller gave me an excellent degree of control.

I was relieved when I saw a link for a USB PS2 to PC adapter that was only around £9.
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical that it would work but I am pleased to say that it works brilliantly including the analogue functions!

I also like flight simulators and I even find that the PS2 controller is better than a PC joystick :eek:
Anyone else prefer the PS2 controller or are you all happy with standard PC joypads and joysticks?

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah i use my PS2 pad for Pro Evolution 5 as i play it online a lot.

Only way to go. dont use it for anything else though, although i can see how it woul dbe good for driving, although i have a MOMO wheel for that (Live for Speed :))

Associate
OP
nick_cfc said:
Only way to go. dont use it for anything else though, although i can see how it would be good for driving, although i have a MOMO wheel for that (Live for Speed :))
I've never used a steering wheel so I can't judge them!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

To be honest being able to use a PS2 controller again is the main reason why I am going back to PC games in the first place.

I wouldn't go back to the consoles though as I've been converted to the PC now :cool:

Soldato
Oooh. PS2 pad for planes in BF2, there's an idea. At least while i haven't got my Saitek Evo with me. :(

Use my PS2 pad adapter mainly for PS2-type games. Such as Need for Speed, and Pro Evo.

It's still by far my favourite console controller. :)

Soldato
~Divine~Wind~ said:
And NFS Most Wanted

Works fine :)
Don't you find it a little twitchy for NFS? The car just refuses to go straight with the joypad, or am I missing something? (ability to drive! ;))

Soldato
gamepad for flightsims... thats just nasty, sick sick people

bought one for the console port games (pro evos and driving games)... which it does a great job in, although nfsu used to crash if you had the drivers installed... and if u didn't the rumble didn't work... not much of an issue really though as i didn't want the rumble function

ps. cant remember if there is a deadzone on the controller but increase that and it should be less twitchy when trying to go in a straight line

Last edited:
Associate
OP
P-E said:
Anyone get the feedback to work using the PS2 contoller with games that had feedback as an option?
To be honest, I have only started using the PS2 controller since discovering a few weeks ago that it was possible to get it to work on a PC!
I only had the adapter delivered around a week ago and so I am still experimenting with it.

I don't think I have a PC game that has the feedback as an option anyway.

Soldato
as i said if u install the proper drivers the rumble function should work ... and i dont care they have an analogue controller there is no chance in hell u could get the accuracy out of those like you could a proper joystick

Soldato
DJammyRasta said:
gamepad for flightsims... thats just nasty, sick sick people

ps. cant remember if there is a deadzone on the controller but increase that and it should be less twitchy when trying to go in a straight line

Beats using Mouse + Keyboard if you don't have a joystick ;)

Where dya increase the deadzone?

Soldato
Is fine apart from if you play a lot of EA games who insist on IGNORING the rules of DirectX and making their own gamepad profiles for manufacturers who pay them a sum of money and make redefining keys more difficult :mad:

Back
Top Bottom