Recommended 2-30gb mp3 player?

Soldato
My ipods been a tad dodgy lately (3 year old 3rd gen), so I'm looking at getting a new one. What's top dog atm? I want it to last for ages and have good sound quality. Oh and battery life has to be great as well.

Soldato
I love my Zen Micro - easy interface & i like the touch plate but some ppl do find it too sensitive.

Sound quality is great & with 6 gig capacity holds a fare amount of tunes - plus you can use 'windows media 10' as the interface with you computer which saves adding further software to your computer (which may or may not be a bonus to you.)

Not top dog & the battery life lasts only 12 hrs but great value at £140'sh.

It's all relative though i would recommend trying them out before you buy - especially for sound quality purposes. What may be great for me may only be passable for you.

GL

PLec

Last edited:
Soldato
Despite popular opinion on here, iPods are still 'top-dog'. They now have the best price/capacity ratio as well. (most 20Gb players are £200, £210 will get you a 30Gb iPod).

The Zens are popular on here, and the iRivers are the 'geeks' choice due to their capibilities.

If you just want a music player, get a iPod. Cant beat them.
If you want to use it as a HDD as well, get an iRiver.
If you want a radio as well, get a iRiver or Zen.
Think carefully about what you want, and choose from that. :)
Think about what your actually going to use rarther than what would be nice/a temporary gimmick.

Soldato
^^^^ all that

plus they're dead easy to use and sync your music with. I've had a 4G ipod and now my current one (Colour ipod) and no problems.

Associate
Be carefully with the zen micro. Every report / review i have read says that after 3 months the headphone jack goes. Im looking for exactly the same thing but at around the £150 mark what do people think of the iriver H10?

Soldato
I personally think that they're a step backwards for iRiver.
AFAIK, you need to use music software to upload music to them. And they dont play videos, that the H300 series do.

Im after a new MP3 player myself, and if it wasnt for the fact that iRiver dont make H320/340s anymore, i'd be getting one.

Back
Top Bottom