Induction Kit Question

Associate
My mate has given me a induction kit from his Accent (1.3 12v) to sell on eBay, however there were no takers. What would happen if i fitted this kit to my Punto (85 ELX 16v).

Associate
it prolly wouldent fit becouse iirc the throttle body is at facing up so you need a punto one, and if you pay the money for a punto one your silly. lol
but if you did manage to get it on it would make more noise and maybee go a tiny bit faster.. is it car specific kit or just a filter?

Dan

Associate
i took the air box of my cinquecento in the past and it DID go faster it was obviusly still a stupid slow 900cc that i dident care about like most cars i own so i dont recomend doing this to any car you do care about. but from expeeriance induction kits altho i dont like them becouse i think theres better ways to spend 80 quid. CAN make your car go faster. same for my nova too but that needed the bigger filter for more boooooost.

Dan

Caporegime
any gain in bhp will be minimal across the whole rev range. its a waste of money if your doing it for power. you will get a nicer induction sound tho if thats what you want.

be aware that you could also suffer from heat soak making the car slower.

Back
Top Bottom