• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What type of crash is this

Caporegime
it only happens in games, never in windows

the game will stop, the sound will start to repeat and the image stay on screen

the screen goes blank, then comes back, but a garbled jumbled mess of colours in a blotchy grid

and stays like that till you turn the PC off and restart

is that a software or hardware issue ?

Associate
Definately overheating problem, mine was exactly like this couple of months ago, after I fitted a new Arctic cooler on my Graphic card and get a better air managed case, all problems solved.

Soldato
it reminds me of GPU recovery on an ATi card. That normally goes blank and is 'supposed' to recover and carry on functioning. neer did for me it just crashed with some cool funky colours after the screeen came back on.

If that's the case turn the blasted thing off. Many people have trouble with it lol.

Soldato
check the temps on your card, something like Rivatuner or the right tab on the Nvidia driver screeens (after coolbits enabling reg mod) will show you this.

I have had a similar problem, screen locks with repeating sound, but after some time the screen returns, I've not had any corruptions after this. I've tried all sorts of drivers and tweaks but the other night I gave the AGP card another 0.1v in the BIOS and i've not seen it since then. I need to run some more stuff to check for sure, but fingers crossed....

Back
Top Bottom