ITV News Crew "Missing" in southern Iraq :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Originally posted by sik

I hope they're okay, but aren't they with the British Soldiers?

I think theirs a few crews out there, I know bbc have a couple in different places.

I'm sure the british will be ok.

Permabanned
Sky News
The crew members disappeared after coming under fire at Iman Anas while travelling toward_Basra, ITN announced.
One of the crew, Daniel Demoustier, was injured but was able to get to safety.
He was not able to see what happened to his colleagues, reporter Terry Lloyd and colleagues Fred Nerac and Hussein Othman.

Soldato
news just on the radio said that one journalist was killed (not sure of nationallity) and some troops (not sure if british or US) have been killed when their vehicles were ambushed :(

Soldato
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
Just seen on the news that the ITV reporter has been killed. Terry Lloyd was it?

Sad news. Didn't stick around the TV long enough to hear details but I'm sure I just saw it as they went through the headlines.

they say they believe him to be dead

quite shocked they were going like that without properly knowing though, quite sad really although they believe it was the US that might have killed him (so the report said)

be quite cool if he sent his latest report into the newsroom.... although thats not likely :(

Permabanned
I will be flamed for this but........

Why is the death of a news reporter so much more sad and tragic than the death of a soldier or civilian? The ITN news at 6.30 talked of little else. This is sad news for those involved, their friends and families but I don't know him from Adam, any more than I know any of the dead soldiers in this war. So his death is no more tragic to me than theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom