Why is it always just CSS?

Soldato
Ok I've been away from css for a bit, playing cod2 and bf2 moreso. Absolutly wonderfull, smooth as a baby's behind, cant fault it.

Boot up css, and wee 20fps. TWENTY?! On a nearly 1k setup, 20fps?!

I'm starting to loose it with css now. This isn't the first time it's happened either, a while back fps dropped majorly and was unplayable, but it always seems to right itself after a few weeks. But why the hell should I wait? They continually do this every update.

Just wanted a rant, I'm ill and not in the best mood now :)

//Defrags and updates pc...

~Psy

Man of Honour
ive never had any major drops in fps after an update and my systems no where close to top of the range, it seems some people get hit quite hard after an update and some like me have no problems

Associate
Hmm thats strange, I have never had a problem with CS Source. When I had my old Geforce FX 5700 it ran as smooth as silk wearing a silk coat, and bf2 ran like an arse down a rusty blaid.

Soldato
OP
Oyster, nope. amd64 at 2.5

(2gig ram, 7800gt)

A little update, updated to the new beta drivers, still plays like a hog stuck in mud on normal maps, but on nuke im getting 100+ avg D:

Soldato
I have heard of people loosing huge amounts of performance after an update. Try setting CS:S's priority in Task Manager to high and make sure Steam is not updating any programs while CS:S is running. :)

Associate
Theres been a few people complaining about this at the mo - most of them are P4 owners who can add a line to there executable, to stop steam from hogging so much of their cpu.
Try the steam forums you should'nt be having that sort of frame rate with that setup.

Back
Top Bottom