Fuel Efficient trip around the world.

Soldato
Click Me!
This has made the bbc news page, but it doesnt sound to me like the car is fuel efficient at all, quick calculation shows they need to achieve 360 miles to a tank of fuel or better to complete the trip around the world in their allowed fuel allocation.
Now if the fuel tank is say 60l, thats 6 miles per litre or 27.3mpg which is quite frankly appauling for a "fuel economy driving achievement". I would be expecting 60+mpg the majority of the time easily for an achievement, didnt VW make a lupo which could perform 93mpg?

Soldato
Berger said:
Click Me!
This has made the bbc news page, but it doesnt sound to me like the car is fuel efficient at all, quick calculation shows they need to achieve 360 miles to a tank of fuel or better to complete the trip around the world in their allowed fuel allocation.
Now if the fuel tank is say 60l, thats 6 miles per litre or 27.3mpg which is quite frankly appauling for a "fuel economy driving achievement". I would be expecting 60+mpg the majority of the time easily for an achievement, didnt VW make a lupo which could perform 93mpg?
On a lupo its more likely 40l. Unless they've just removed the rear seats and put in a 100l tank.

Plus, are you assuming that they can drive straight around the world?

/edit, oops it says how far they are going. 18k

Last edited:
Soldato
According to VW;s website, for a 1.6 Golf FSI 115ps 5dr:

Fuel Consumption
Urban 31.7mpg - 8.9l/100km
Extra-urban 50.4mpg - 5.6l/100km
Combined 41.5mpg - 6.8l/100km

Permabanned
Citroen AX 1.5D has a phenominal mile to the gallon IIRC.

Tank is probably only filled up when it is built and then thats it for the rest of its life. :o

Downside is that it has as much oomph as a bag of sick on a tumbledryer.

Back
Top Bottom