pwned by a n00b

Soldato
This is the joystick that came with my Atari (EDIT) 520 ST, i think. hehe.

Joystick.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I know what you mean but at 30 I reckon its my reaction time. BF2 isnt too bad - if you get into a one on one fire fight the average skill of a player tends to be lower than CSS for example.
In BF2 you can pretty much adopt your game to your playing strengths, if your a bad shot go medic or something.

Soldato
Oyster2 said:
I know what you mean but at 30 I reckon its my reaction time. BF2 isnt too bad - if you get into a one on one fire fight the average skill of a player tends to be lower than CSS for example.
In BF2 you can pretty much adopt your game to your playing strengths, if your a bad shot go medic or something.

I have to agree with this, I've got reasonable reactions and I can quite often be suprised by someone coming around a corner (presumably they are as surprised as me) and they start shooting, but my first action is to drop to the ground and (if I'm in SA mode hit mouse5 to go to full auto) then hose em with either full auto or bursts, sometimes though, I am just dead before my finger has moved :(

good as a gunner in a heli tho ;)

Associate
IceBus said:
Had both of those babies for my Amstrad 6128 - kicking it Pit Fighter style :D

I'm tired of getting owned by kids on DOA4 when I've been playing Beat-em ups since before SF2 :(

lol i got awarded D- last night in DOA 4 and got an unlock for my trouble 20 consecutive losses, maybe at 37 its time to call it a day or find a speccy and go back to the speedking. I introduced my missus to BF2 and she's fast approaching the stage of handing my ass to me on a plate :eek:

Associate
powned said:
Introduced my sisters boyfriend to the PC a before christmas.. hes only 17 and has been a console gamer... We where playing BF2 and he got hooked.. so after begging his mum for a PC for xmas he got his way and i built him a nice little system (AMD 3200/7800GT/2GB RAM/SATA HDD).

So ive been playin BF2 online with him and he makes me look like a noob!! hes been playing FPS for a matter of weeks and ive been playing for years and hes getting gold/silver medals on maps!! Im no where near him!

Thats what i get for growing up with spectrums and commadore 64's eh?! ..maybe im just crap lol :D

like all things in life, you either have it or you dont.

then again he may just be good at bf2, tried him at any other games :p ?

Associate
You think that's bad? Me and 2 friends were playing Tekken 5 a few weeks ago, the competition was fairly intense as we've got a bit of a vendetta going on that game, the girlfriend of one walks in and starts watching, after a bit her boyfriend says "Let Rebecca have a go!" So we sit her down, had to teach her how to hold the gamepad ( :eek: ), and they start playing. She five-nilled her boyfriend, me and the other guy naturally assuming he was letting her win, but when we looked at his sweating face and intense look of concentration we started suspecting something was wrong, so, out of curiosity, my other friend asked her for a match. He got Law, she got Asuka, he got his hide tanned. Shocked, he wanted a rematch, and took Baek (with whom he's unbeatable). But by then she was getting the hang of it (when 10 minutes earlier she didn't know how to hold a gamepad!), and Baek had to commit ritual suicide to make up for his defeat.
Curious to see why she was doing so well, I bounced into the arena, determined not to hold back for any reason. By then she had switched to Nina, and I took Lei, whom I'm best at. The match begins, and she flies at me like a harpy on speed, scoring a perfect win! Second match, and I'm prepared, I employ Lei's dirtiest tricks, felling her a few times with a double left kick as she's attacking. I manage to score a few wins like that, playing at my cheapest and most abusive ever, but she's exploring and mastering Nina's repertoire with phenomenal speed, and she quickly finds ways round my tricks. I was gritting my teeth till my skull hurt, focussed solely on the screen and at one with the pad - she beat me 5-4.
Unwilling to let our honour be besmirched like that, we superglued her hands to the pad and tied her to the chair (well, not really) and insisted she sat there till one of us managed to beat her. At around 5am, we gave up, not willingly, but because I was flying back the next day and had to pack. She's still undefeated, and I hope my friend doesn't stop going out with her because I intend to practice like mad!:D

Associate
Quickshot.. blast from the past.. much the like the good old ZipStick!

Anyhow, one of our BF2 clan members is 12 yrs old (son of one of the others) and his SPM is one of the highest -> 1.5101

Must be all the genetically mod'd food they eat these days! :D

Back
Top Bottom