CSS clan admin/ advanced tactics.

Soldato
Since starting up a css clan with my mates, we seem to have got our name out to a few other clans before Christmas and got a decent rep, but we weren't very matured as a clan then.

Now after a Christmas break I have been given "leader" status and am working out ways to pick us up into the game again. *We kinda died over christmas*

Wondered if you people had any tips for strict yet fun training regimes, links to advanced map tactics and such.

Also would any clans *not stupidly uberPro cpl skilled* who are established and know how to work a squad like to arrange a weekly / fortnightly schedule with us?

Nothing too serious, just a fun scrimmage / Tactic runs.

Cheers for reading :)

~State of Mind: Psy

Man of Honour
The end of the day, it's practice, practice, practice. Sitting in a server on your own, jumping around the map will only give you so much information. A lot of things you go through sitting maps and practicing rushes etc, it all works in theory, but is never as simple in practice.

Play as many PCWs as possible, don't play as much public, play public as a warmup for 20 min, then find two or three PCWs on IRC.

Play clans that are above your skill level, and try and reverse engineer their tactics.

Learn to know each others playing styles, and use quick, clear and precice communication, with a lot less chatter. One of the main things I personally hate are after your team mate has died and is shouting "OMG prefiring whore / cheating wonderboy / get rates" when I'm trying to hear what's going on, and get killed because of it. Instead of the above comments, a "he's in that corner hurt, get a grenade in" etc.

Make sure you have a laugh, when it starts getting you swearing your fraces off at each other, you're taking it a bit too far, learn from mistakes, and have a sense of humor.

Soldato
If you fancy a friendly then stick your nose HERE and stick a post up or add danny_508 [at] hotmail.com to MSN and say i mentioned it.

As for tips, if your an admin, support your guys and dont use admin powers unless you need to. Really just get on with your crew, but set a time for practice that will be done same time/day each week, then people will know when practice is on.

Learn how you crew plays, what guns they are good/bad with and make up a tactically effective team. We usualy find that one sniper, covered by a guy with an assualt rifle works very well as long as you trust the guy covering you.

Soldato
On top of what the others of said I can't commend good team work enough!

When you have everyone doing their own thing, it just goes horribly wrong! For example, when your team decides to rush, a rush is a real rush not where you find that half of your team are up front and other half are hiding so they don't get killed.

If you're not having a laugh, your clan games will only be dull and boring :(

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments :) *Registered on the link Stellios, thanks*

Before christmas we got quite serious, the teamwork was good (all of us are better lonewolfing it in all honesty, something I know we must improve on) and we used to whore irc most nights. One problem I personally found with IRC, which I hated to the bone, is you ask for "med" and get some random godlike clan and get about 3 shots in >.>
Its one thing learning from their skill, but to not even know when/where they hit you is another story!
Ask for low and you get a clan where no one knows whats going on and they act like retards, or don't even turn up. Happened everytime, although to be fair we found the hammerings very enjoyable xD

I also feel our "knowing" eachother "ness" is very good, most are RL friends, but everynight were on a huge skype convo chatting like we were next to each other, a very easy state of being.

Reading over everything you've said we seem to have the basics covered *which is a good thing!* We can rush (and I mean rush) and know everybodys playing style well.

Anymore info will be greatly recieved :)

~Psy

Last edited:
Permabanned
hm.. i found it came to experience, you all need to know the maps like the back of your hand. know all the places to expect fights (but also the unexpected). be able to take out your enemy fast with instant headies or awp whoring.
i assume your all avg players? play aim maps like aim_map, aim_headshot, aim_akcolt, learn to nail each enemy in the 1st burst of 2 bullets, or the 2nd burst. try to go for just headshots.
if you can... join pickups with good players, i used to play with/against all the top guys like liquid, luk1ng e.t.c dunno if they still play tho. look to see if these rooms are still going #cspickup, #csgather

hth

Caporegime
Just practise. All you can do really. I've played for years and even though I've not been clanned for 4/5 months I still mix with SK187/Intrinsic who are 2 of the top teams in the country.

egg

egg

Associate
only a small but important point.... have fun and dont get toooo serious - it was the downfall of the OcUK ET clan. we werent very good tbh as only a few of us would turn up on a regular basis so when we are looking for a couple of extra players for scrims etc you grab anyone and they arent as well drilled as the rest.

people started to argue and moan about not playing or people ramboing around the place not sticking to the plan blah blah. causes bad feeling and it just spirals down from there.

great feeling playing in a match with a well drilled team though - just keep you head down and stick to your job ( i was the engineer).

the other thing that killed us off was the lack of matches / scrims at the end - you need to be playing scrims to keep members interested and to improve - otherwise people unfortunately struggle to see the point in practising - apart from the hardcore who will do it alone or with anyone else they know on xfire etc etc

brings a tear to the eye tbh.....stay positive and make it fun!

Associate
The leader needs to set a goal for the clan - you'll probably find that this might change as time goes on. If you don't have your own server this should be a prioirity if you serious about all this. You'll find it difficult to get into ladders without one, although you'll find it easy enough to get into mixes if you go to the right IRC channels on quakenet.
If you have got a server try enemydown get a few PCWs and then try some ladder matches. People definitions of skill levels change dependant on their skill level, the top clans in the UK are not particularily competitive when it comes to European scene. So high skill here is maybe not high skill on the continent, remember all those people in scandanavia where its so cold they have nothing to do but frag each other all day long.
Low skill is a very wide bracket and in a lot of cases the gap between mid and high isn't that big. If you get onto a ladder you can take a closer look at who you are going to play and evaluate them properly.

As a starter find the strengths and weekneses of your members - watch demos of good clans and work on offensive and defensive tactics based on them.

Back
Top Bottom