• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3000+ Venice S754 - Anyone Got One?

Man of Honour
Hey guys

im just wondering is it worth getting one of these? i can get it for 80 pounds which is a good price. But would i notice any difference from ym 3200 Newcastle

nearly all of the posts on various forums i've seen, people are gettin well over 2.4 which is what my newcastle is at now. So lets just say i can get my venice to 2.4, would there be any difference between a 2.4 Newcaslte and a 2.4 Venice.

Also i take it just because its a venice core, it still isnt dual channel memory, as thats to do with the socket. Maybe obvious question but just making sure.

Another thing, would it run much cooler?

many thanks guys

Associate
Its not worth it unless you can sell your current cpu for 80 quid, you will notice a difference in games only in benchmarks.

Soldato
Not worth it at 2.4, however, if it goes well over 2.4 I'd go for it! :D

Sell your current CPU for ~£60 or something, then it's minimal investment for osmehting that could blow your current cpu away.

Associate
There is a shop in Hull that has got one of these in stock and was in the display case, the stepping was LBBLE 0551. I was really tempted to get it but my Sempron 64 does 2400mhz at stock cooling in my DFI board and I managed superpi 1m at 2500mhz to get a 36sec. The sempron runs everything I chuck at it really well so I think I will pass on these processors.
What stepping was yours JRS?

Rob H

Associate
The E3 venice cored 3400 would be very nice!! Never seen one of those beasts on the AMD compare site before. All of the major e-tailers have been clearing out old stocks of 3400s and 3700s for some time now, hopefully they will be stocking the new chips.
What we really want is 3700+ version with 1mb cache, hopefully with an e4 san diego core, then you have your own socket 754 Opteron. :)

Rob H

Man of Honour
This is getting more and more interesting all the time. So much for people going on about the death of 754 and that you would have to be a mug to go for it. Now we have new cpu's after they said there would be no more releases for 754. Now we have Venice's with awesome OC potential. I agree that it would be very interesting to get a SD 3700+ with a 1mb L2. Now that would be a good clocker.

Long live 754. :D

Soldato
Looks like AMD are trying to shift a backlog of Venice cores.

What better way to do it than release them to a socket that hasn't seen anything new for quite a while?

Long may it continue!

Associate
After much debating and checking of bank account, I went into Hull city centre and one of the town's store had a 3000+ E6 skt 754 for £86 inc vat so I whipped out the old debit card and bought it.
Stepping is:
ADA3000AIK4BX
CBBWE 0544 DAC
X026327k5####

Which I think is a chinese core, going to try it out now and will post some results later.

Rob H

Back
Top Bottom