Need help from css rate guru's

Associate
Right i played a CSS clan match last night and i had quite a lot of real dodgey reg moments. you get them with source anyway lol but a lot more than normal.
Today i thought i check my personal demo to see if it really was bad reg or my rubbish aim everything looked ok on my demo so i asked for a source tv demo from the match to view that....omg what a difference in a few of the really dodgy moments i had in my demo i was dead on the hitting them perfect but when you compare the same moment with the source demo i'm actually shooting 3 foot to the left of the player!!!! he wasn't actually where he was on my screen? whats that about then?
Does anyone know any css rate command's that would help me sync models with the server models so i could improve my reg happening quite a lot lately.
The rates i'm using at the mo are

rate 25000
cl_updaterate 90
cl_cmdrate 90
cl_interp 0.035

are there any others that would help me? thanks a lot.

Associate
Hey I'm no guru but I usually use cl_interp 0 and cl_interpolate 0 as well as cl_smooth 0. The player models can look jerky but they do represent where the player is in reality (I hope). I also use cl_crosshairscale 10000 to reduce the size of the crosshair which aids aiming those headies over a distance. I personally use rate 25000 cl_updaterate 100 cl_cmdrate 100 for my 2mb connection but did play around with various settings to find what worked best for me. Obviously whatever your settings you settle on your side will be affected by server side settings so there will always some room for bad registry. It can be frustrating being a one man killing machine one minute and not being able to hit sweet FA the next. That's why I only tend to frequent 66 and 100 tickers now:D

Associate
you cant set cl_interp to 0 anymore. And by setting cl_interpolate to 0 you are actually interping. As for rates i usually keep cmd and update rates around the tickrate of the server and then change my rate from 17000 to 20000. Reg seems to feel different when this is changed on diff servers.

Just a matter of playing about with it.

Also cl_smooth works now so should be set to 1 as well. :p

Associate
I thought valve had pretty much fixed all that. From what I gathered the reaction time needed to take advantage of interp since the update in October (was it?) is pretty much impossible.

Back
Top Bottom