hitting rev limit at 2.5K ?

Associate
any ideas guys
the gar is going in tomorrow to get sorted but i would like some input

ok its a diesel , when in for service just before xmas and there was three recalls
1 new ecu
2 boost sensor
3 wiring harness

ok now the problem under part throttle in 1,2 3, the engine revs to its normal max of 5 k, in 4 ,5 ,6 if you floor the throttle the engine revs to 2.5 k and seems to hit the rev limiter

any ideas , so they don't fob me off
btw mpg and power seem normal

Soldato
Sounds like the ECU is going into limp home mode. Chap at work sold his 307 diesel after it went into limp home mode for the 5th time is as many months making his trip home (200 miles) take somewhat longer than it should have done.

Soldato
What car is it? My car does this when its in limp home mode. i.e. It's detected a fault and restricts itself to 2k rpm so that it doesn't do any (more) damage.

Last time I had it, it had been cause by something as simple as a blocked pipe.

Edit: As per above, mine's also a 307 :p

Associate
OP
thanks for the replys guys

if thats its limp home mode 2.5k in sixth is 95 mph :eek:

i think 2.5 is when the turbo starts to come in but i may be wrong before the service i could get wheel spin in 5 on a very wet road in 5th at about 2.8k

anyway i hope to have it sorted tommrow

dont laugh guy its a almera 2.2 cdi or dci sxe 136 bhp ( its the renault engine not the nissan one )

Associate
Surely limp home mode would affect all the gears - it revs OK in first, second and third.

My guess is they didn't fit the new bits properly, something getting fouled on the gear linkage?

Let's hope they fix yours quicker than my Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi - went in over 2 weeks ago, stuck in limp home mode. Won't rev over 1500rpm, and thats where the turbo cuts in!
Apparently the dealer is waiting for a new inlet manifold from Germany.

Soldato
Scottland said:
What car is it? My car does this when its in limp home mode. i.e. It's detected a fault and restricts itself to 2k rpm so that it doesn't do any (more) damage.

Last time I had it, it had been cause by something as simple as a blocked pipe.

Edit: As per above, mine's also a 307 :p
Yep had this on my 307 3 times in the last 6 months they really are crap.

Associate
OP
looks like the muppets fitted the wrong ecu

the correct one's part no. should end 81A
the one they fitted in the recall ends in 87A

the ecu is seeing the boost as over boost and limiting the revs to 2.5K ( limp home ) only on full load , part thottle will not give the level of boost to cause the incorrectly sensed over boost
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom