any one used this watercooling?

Man of Honour
Yeah I have one and its ok tbh.

Wouldn't class it as anything other than low-end watercooling tho. Got slightly lower temps than a big typhoon on full speed but the noise starts to grate after a while(full speed). The fan is a little noisy on full speed but is near silent on low speed. The one big letdown is the tubing, its far too small and restrictive imo, it also kinks far to easily so you must be carefull, oh and the resevoir and cap isnt the best quality. For a starter kit/someone looking to watercool for the first time its ideal, easy setup, no leaks and looks nice if you have a side window and uv cathodes. I had to revert to my typhoon though coz I bought a p180 and the radiator is a little too big for the case (to fit internally), may go back to the BW SE when I mod the p180 but for now air cooling is enough.

Overall for the price you wont get much better but then for a couple of degrees more you could buy the TT BT and save £45, depends on if you can live with that.

Soldato
OP
i already have a zalman 9500 but my temps are annoying me, i can't get cooler than 48 degrees load :o so if i can't fix it, this looks like a nice kit.

thanks

JDL

JDL

Associate
daven,
what is youir spec are you overclocked at 48 load?

there are more variables than your hsf in the equation as to why you are at 48c its worth fiddling with them, it might cost you less :)

Soldato
OP
my spec is zalman 9500 on an opteron 146 2.6ghz 2gb ballistixs and an asus v9999 (6800) graphics card, and an msi k8n neo2 platinum mobo. my gfx runs at about 50 degrees and this sits right next to my zalman (1 cm away) could this be contributing to the high temps? (im going to put a zalman cooler on this). my case temps are around 20 degrees +/- 1 degree. i have a fan blowing onto my zalman fan in the side of my case and 2 exhaust fans and 3 intake fans at the front.

i know i should stop looking at temps but i can't help it - i want to keep clocking my cpu but can't until i get some decent temps i.e. <40 load.

jdl what variables are you referring to, and how can i fiddle with them?

thanks

daven

Soldato
Air flow inside your case is another, try taking the side panel off and seeing if it makes a difference.

Where are you getting your temperature readings from? try a bios flash as if its an early revision they are usually corrected if there are any reading problems reported.

Soldato
OP
am using the newest bios, and temps with the case side on and off are the same. however i have invested in a "compunurse" thermometer to put under the HSF next to the core to see what the actual temps are.

daven

JDL

JDL

Associate
variables are (what i can think of any way)

airflow through the case: is it being disrupted
otherer HSF near by: your 6800 like mine kicks out plenty of heat i solved the problem by sticking zalman cooler on and fitting one of those PCI slot exhaust fans under neath at 5v to suck the hot air out.
is you intake blowing over your hard drives - this will warm the air coming into the case

blow holes are an effective way to get rid of excess heat as hot air rises - tis also a cheap solution.

is there any dust in the fans or clogged in the heat sink - the 9500 traps dust really quickly due to the fins meeting the heatpipes.

can't think of anymore for now....

Soldato
OP
JDL - no dust yet, have ordered a zalman and already have a pci exhaust fan. yes intakes blow over HDD however i have a side intake over the zalman.

Back
Top Bottom