BROADBAND QUESTION

Associate
I am currently with NTL getting a 2mb unlimited Broadband service for £24.99 per month. I have looked around recently and this seems to be quite expensive with people like Tiscali offering the same service for £17.99.

However I'm a little confused because my NTL service is through cable and the only other service available to me would come through a BT phone line. Some whispers and things i've read have lead me to believe that the cable service is much faster than the dial up service with someone like Tiscali.

Please respond if you can clear this up for me.

Associate
The Tiscalli service isnt dail up and the reason they are cheeper is becuase usually you get what you pay for i know someone who untill recently was with tiscalli and could never get through to tech support + you have to ask yourself how reliable/full is their network going to be if they can afford to charge so much less people have to cut corners somewhere. Atleast with NTL your dealing with NTL from start to finish but with BT you will have to deal with your ISP and they will have to deal with BT wholesale

Soldato
DONT go to tiscali, they are the worst of the worst. We had nothign but hassle adn bad expriences with them. Downloads speeds of about 15kbs all day and pings of about 200 after 7pm until about midnight.

It took them 7 weeks for them to decide to disconnect our line they are that lazy.

Stay away from tiscali, they be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Associate
OP
T180985 said:
The Tiscalli service isnt dail up and the reason they are cheeper is becuase usually you get what you pay for i know someone who untill recently was with tiscalli and could never get through to tech support + you have to ask yourself how reliable/full is their network going to be if they can afford to charge so much less people have to cut corners somewhere. Atleast with NTL your dealing with NTL from start to finish but with BT you will have to deal with your ISP and they will have to deal with BT wholesale

Tiscali is a dial-up Broadband service, all ISP's that go through a BT phoneline are dial-up. My NTL Cable however being cable is always on.

Besides the tech support etc problems you mentioned with Tiscali, NTL are just as bad as I am sure most of them are. (Seems to be something you have to live with when it comes to communications companies from Sky to BT to ISP's)

What I meant about the service aspect was the actual connection and download speeds as I have been led to believe that the cable (always on) system is faster than the BT line dial-ip option.

Back
Top Bottom