Does anyone have the Thermaltake Rocket?

Associate
http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/watercooling/cl-w0011rocket/cl-w0011.htm

Does anyone have this watercooling setup? just installed mine last thursday and i'm getting some weird readings on mbm, with my arctic freezer 64 i use to get around 40ºcpu 35ºcase idle and anything from 55-60ºcpu 40ºcase full load.

Now i have the rocket on so i took out the 5 fans i had in case, 2 front blowing in, 2 back blowing out and 1 side blowing in.

Now with rocket i get 36-40ºcpu 20ºcase idle but on full load i still go up to around 60ºcpu (little disappointed with that), the weird thing is mbm is saying my case is around 8º while on full load, dont really think that its making any sense.

So apart from the reduction in noise by taking my 5 fans out i dont really see any improvement at all, if anything its worse cos my cpu will stay at a quite high temp after full load cos the liquid remains hot.

Soldato
Im no pro on water cooling, but those that use that technique without fans and just radiate the heat away aren't really much better than a good air cooling setup. They are mostly for reducing the noise made by your PC.

Im sure someone with much more knowledge will correct/clear this up.

Associate
OP
Dkore-DeX said:
Im no pro on water cooling, but those that use that technique without fans and just radiate the heat away aren't really much better than a good air cooling setup. They are mostly for reducing the noise made by your PC.

Im sure someone with much more knowledge will correct/clear this up.
yer makes sense that, know what your saying, just dont understand the temp readings in mbm, why would my case temp go from 20º idle to around 8º full load? while when i had my fans and my arctic freezer it was around 30º idle to 40º full load?

Associate
OP
Dkore-DeX said:
Sounds as though something is definately not reading right there, have you got the newest bios for your mobo?

I know temperature readings vary from bios to bios.
I have the 1.4 bios for my msi neo2 plat, not sure what the lastest one is? bit undicided about flashing bios tho, cant it cause prob's?

But if indeed my temps's are wrong, surely they were wrong from the start (on air) cos i havent altered anything else other than take out my cpu/case fans and installed the rocket.

Soldato
quite a simple answer realy

your freezer 64 was active cooling

this wc setup is not so when things heat up it does not have the capacity to loose the heat fast enough

Associate
OP
DaZzZa said:
quite a simple answer realy

your freezer 64 was active cooling

this wc setup is not so when things heat up it does not have the capacity to loose the heat fast enough
yer that explains my cpu temp, doesnt explain my case temp tho?

Last edited:
Associate
Your case temp will be up because you removed all your fans, so there is nothing to blow out the heat from the cpu, gpu and the motherboard chipset etc

All the heat is just circulating in the case and not getting out the case.

Associate
OP
flip said:
Your case temp will be up because you removed all your fans, so there is nothing to blow out the heat from the cpu, gpu and the motherboard chipset etc

All the heat is just circulating in the case and not getting out the case.
Dont think your reading it right, my case temp gets cooler on full load, 20º idle to 6-8º full load, which cant be right.

Back
Top Bottom