Which fans for my SN25P?

Soldato
I want to improve the performance of my shuttle fans and keep the noise down at the same time. I dont think I will be able to chage the small fans at the back, but that doesnt really matter. I need a low profile 60mm fan and then a normal sized 80mm fan and they need to be 3pin mobo style fans.

Thanks in advance - need some better cooling for the dual core im going to be plonking in :D

Soldato
Sorry for what it may seem to be thread trashing, but what gpu you running? Whats the performance like even with the FX57 at stock? Any problems with the psu under powering?

Associate
Hiya's,

I'm looking to build an SN25P for a 24/7 Linux box. CPU wise I'm looking at an Opteron 144 or 3700+ (Opteron runs cooler). GFX I'm looking at the Gigabyte 6600 with passive cooling.

Questions :-

How long do you guys have your systems running for?
How noisy in reality is this compared to a normal tower PC (I've got a coolermaster 110 with 4 fans and its quite noisy).
Any problems you've had with the box - overheating, PSU issues etc.?

Associate
1ofaKind said:
Hiya's,

I'm looking to build an SN25P for a 24/7 Linux box. CPU wise I'm looking at an Opteron 144 or 3700+ (Opteron runs cooler). GFX I'm looking at the Gigabyte 6600 with passive cooling.

Questions :-

How long do you guys have your systems running for?
How noisy in reality is this compared to a normal tower PC (I've got a coolermaster 110 with 4 fans and its quite noisy).
Any problems you've had with the box - overheating, PSU issues etc.?

1.I have had shuttle systems for over 2 years,my current one 3 months.i use it for surfing web,heavy gaming and watching dvds.
2.it is quiter than my tower unit ,and you can adjust noise via bios(thay have number of settings) ,or by programs like speedfan.
3.My spec is below and have no problems,the psu are very good and the cooling is very good.

Spec sn25p
fx57(I did not pay full price,i did have 3700+ in ran very cool)
7800Gtx
2 gig of ram
250 gig hard drive
40 gig hard drive

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SN25P PSU is the same as the one in the SN26P (IIRC) and ive seen peoples rigs running dual GTX's and an FX... so power should never be an issue in the SN25P :)
Thats for the few (cough one) post that answered / tried to my question :p

Back
Top Bottom