O2 Online: Upgrading mid-contract

Soldato
I'm half way through my current contract, and my phone is starting to become a little unstable. I could get it replaced under warranty, but chances are that I'll be without it for 14 days+ whilst it gets looked at.

I can't be bothered with all this, would O2 online allow me to upgrade handsets into my contract? I've heard of people doing a similar deal before, but I think it was much closed to the end of the contract (this is my 2nd year with them).

Anyone know?
Cheers

Soldato
I expect they will - however there will be a fee on top of any normal upgrade charge.
You are effectively tied-in for 12 months and they know this.
So as they don't have to offer you anything until after your 12 months (as you cannot cancel without paying off your contract) they will tend to charge you for early upgrades.

O2 CS is your only option really.

Soldato
i'd be interested to know how much they charge for this too, from my previous thread o2 messed up my contract and i was left without insurance and a broken phone after 6 weeks. if i can upgrade i can get insurance.

Soldato
If they do allow you to upgrade mid-contract then you're basically cancelling your existing contract and starting a new one. You'll be required to pay for the remaining line rental on your contract and probably an admin charge as well.

You'd may be better off sending your phone infor repair!
Andy

Back
Top Bottom