Vapochill or Arctic Freezer!

Associate
Hi Folks,

I have asked this before but didnt get much in the way of a response. I am looking at getting meself A nice shiny CPU cooler. I am looking at the 'VapoChill Micro Extreme Performance' or the 'Arctic Cooling Freezer 4 CPU Cooler'

Could anybody recommend either of these to me? or possibly an alternative?
I am looking to get it ordered today as my cpu is currently running pretty hot.

ASUS P4C800 E - Delux
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz [prescott] S478
Cooler Master Stacker

any feedback would be appreciated

cheers

Benny

Associate
OP
Arcane said:
I would go for the Arctic cooler over the Asetek.

Any particular reason? I have read in custom PC magazine the Freezers are very good. I have'nt read much on the vapochill to be honest. I am just going off vapochills' reputation.

B

Associate
got my freezer 64 pro this morning. will let you know how it compare to my current thermalright XP-120. if this manged to beat the xp-120 you should get one, as the xp-120 cost twice the price of the freezer 64 pro.

Associate
OP
littlekates said:
got my freezer 64 pro this morning. will let you know how it compare to my current thermalright XP-120. if this manged to beat the xp-120 you should get one, as the xp-120 cost twice the price of the freezer 64 pro.

Cool mate, As I said previously I have heard good reviews on them. Custom PC mag said that they were particulalry good for socket LGA775, as they run pretty hot don't they? I'am running the stock cooler at the moment without any decent thermal paste. So I guess the improvment will be much better then my current anyway.

B

Last edited:
Associate
OP
littlekates said:

Just out of curiosity, has anybody heard anything regarding this puppy?

Thermaltake Big Typhoon

B

Associate
OP
littlekates said:
big typhoon weights in at ~ 830g i would check your cpu weight guideline to see what's the recommendation.

Ok mate good call, something I would never have even thought about to be honest. Is the HS any good? Copper is better at transferring heat than aluminium isn't it? Plus with a whopping 120mm fan. I am considering the Arctic cooler more, though I am curious to see which is best suited to my needs. The variable fan controller on the typhoon could give me a bit more flexibility when overclocking.

Though im not a big overclocker, before I upgrade I am likely to kick the nuts out of my processor.

B

Associate
littlekates said:

fitted, temp droped from 35 idle (xp-120) to 31c (freezer 64 pro) so its is better that the xp-120 (with my case set up anyway) so im definately recommneded the freezer 64 pro mate.

Associate
OP
littlekates said:
fitted, temp droped from 35 idle (xp-120) to 31c (freezer 64 pro) so its is better that the xp-120 (with my case set up anyway) so im definately recommneded the freezer 64 pro mate.

sweet that will do me.........might as well get it ordered then.

cheers for the feedback

B

Associate
also, get Arctive Silver 5 base thermal compound most overclocker enthusiasts use this. lucky for me when i bought this freezer 64 pro the seller give me one for free :D

Soldato
I've got the vapochill micro extreme if thats what you are asking about? Excellent cooling and can be very quiet also :) Had my opty at 2.8 and it was sat at case temp at idle - I can't remember its temperature at 2.97ghz but I was impressed so it must have been good :D

Associate
OP
I have opted for the Arctic Freezer now. Cheers for all your input though.
Will get the arctic silver 5 compound too. On another note, what are the vante4c 80mm fans like? I want a fan for my coolermaster side vent. Would it be worth purchasing and is it reasonably quiet?

Associate
which model of coolermaster case do you have? im using centurion 530 at the moment. i had 80mm thermaltake fan fitted to my case under the air duct but finding it very noise even it only produce 21dBA.

Associate
OP
littlekates said:
which model of coolermaster case do you have? im using centurion 530 at the moment. i had 80mm thermaltake fan fitted to my case under the air duct but finding it very noise even it only produce 21dBA.
I have the Coolermaster Stacker with the basic factory fans. 2 x 120mm (front & Back), and a 80mm (top). I have got the crossflow fan installed too. So was thinking of another fan as there is a bracket for it on the side panel. I could do without a noisy fan to be honest. I guess a 80mm fan won't shift much air if you have to keep it's rpm down for the sake of quiet. Might not bother then.

B

Associate
Benny... hows your stacker... Im just about to get one??

What are the default 120s like?? Do you get good airflow?? Crossflow fan any good??

Also I noticed you opted for the Freezer Pro, which was one thing I was considering, or the XP120, but after reading theis thread.. the Pro seems to come out on top... I usually prefer a normal case fan, so I can have a controller to alter speed when I need to... but the Freezer Pro seems to handle itself all round...

I would be interested to know what CPU you have and if you are overclocking...

Im just about to get DFI Expert for my OPTY146 CABNE, its been sat there collecting dust for 2 months now... so Ive decided to get all the bits for a new rig..

Sorry for all the questions.. Ive got four days left before I need to make my mind up and place my order!!!!

Permabanned
Hi, I have just a normal Amd 3000+ Socket 9393 (64 - Bit) and I was thinking of buying the Arctic cooling Freezer 64 , however if I get my freezer could I clock it stable at 40 degrees C to about 2.2ghz?

THanks, that is underload, has anyone else got a clocked 3000+

Back
Top Bottom