quick pal 50/60 question

Permabanned
got an approx 2 year old, cheap alba 25" tv which i use for my consoles (sorry, can't afford HDTV) and i'm wondering if i try and run my 360 in 60hz mode whether it'll mess it up?

or is it a case of suck it and see? if the tv supports it it'll work etc. if it doesn't though what'll happen? will it distort etc or will i not get a picture at all?

is it even worth running in pal 60?

Associate
as long as the tv can display 60hz (anything half decent made in the last 5 years will) then it will be fine you cant damage your tv trying this it will either work fine or not work at all

Caporegime
If its got SCART then chances are that it will do 60hz, just got my 360 today, it does look better to me in 60hz. :)

If it won't do 60hz then it just won't do it, i think if it doesn't do 60hz then you may not be able to change it to 60hz, or it will just jump back to 50hz, either way it won't do any harm/damage etc... if you try it. :)

Man of Honour
If it works, it'll work. Else, it'll just not let you display PAL60.

If the worst did come, then i'm sure you can reset the console settings somewhere.

Permabanned
OP
time to give it a while then. it's got scart, but it's only about 130 quids worth of tv, and a couple of years old so i wasn't sure if it would display in 60hz.

perhaps i'll wait until i've got my proper rgb scart lead before trying it. at the moment i'm using the composite - scart adaptor.

Caporegime
PuncH said:
time to give it a while then. it's got scart, but it's only about 130 quids worth of tv, and a couple of years old so i wasn't sure if it would display in 60hz.

perhaps i'll wait until i've got my proper rgb scart lead before trying it. at the moment i'm using the composite - scart adaptor.

Using the composite - scart here, looks alright to me, certainly better than i thought it would, still going to get the advanced scart cable though when i can get me hands on one. :)

Associate
It will work fine if its only 2 years old

I have a TV that i used to use that was made by a really cheap company that was around 10 years old and worked no problem

Permabanned
OP
i've tried it and it seems fine, except on PGR3 it squashes the car up a little in 60hz so it doesn't look so wide....thing is i don't really know what the correct proportions are now!

Back
Top Bottom