Tunes for the slopes!

Caporegime
Ok im going skiing in a couple of weeks and i want some good tunes to ski to, preferably fastish/fast beats and rock/dance or similar (mainly rock) (bit like ramstein/powerman 5000) so i can blat down the slopes. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Mr Scruff - Get a move on
Transplants - Diamonds and Guns
Moby - Feeling so real (pure dance but a great tune)

edit: Also, anything by the Avalanches LOLOLOL c what i did?

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Amp34 said:
Do you know what its called? lol

no i dont sorry :(

also, listen to Holy Calamity - Handsome Boy Modeling School...that seems like a song i'd listen to if i skiid (sp?)

Soldato
Amp34 said:
Ok im going skiing in a couple of weeks and i want some good tunes to ski to, preferably fastish/fast beats and rock/dance or similar (mainly rock) (bit like ramstein/powerman 5000) so i can blat down the slopes. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I'm off in a couple of weeks too - 4th of Feb to Whistler - and I've been spending the last week trawling my iTunes for albums to pack onto minidisk. 27 hours to fill.

So far we've got:
Blackalicious - The Craft
Jurassic5 - Pre-Historik Rarities
Rjd2 - Since We Last Spoke
Styrofoam - The Point Misser
Zero 7 - Another Late Night
Groove Armada - Another Late Night
Royksopp - The Understanding

and the slightly mellower tones of
Stephen Fretwell
Jack Johnson
Beth Orton
Nick Drake

If anyone has any suggestions that run along the lines of the first lot, I'd be happy to hear them :)

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Nelson said:
If anyone has any suggestions that run along the lines of the first lot, I'd be happy to hear them :)

The Herbaliser - Worldwide Connected

That might be wide of the mark, I know of the groups you listed but have never heard the tunes, but it's a cracking track anyway.

Soldato
Tru said:
The Herbaliser - Worldwide Connected

That might be wide of the mark, I know of the groups you listed but have never heard the tunes, but it's a cracking track anyway.
Ah, the Herbaliser. Totally slipped my mind.

They were abums that I listed. All are ones that I've recently acquired but haven't got round to properly listening to yet.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Nelson said:
Ah, the Herbaliser. Totally slipped my mind.

They were abums that I listed. All are ones that I've recently acquired but haven't got round to properly listening to yet.

Oh right :o I must check out that J5 one, thought they only had 2 albums. :)

Associate
For me it depends how i am feeling and which slopes i intend to visit.

For a nice long fast red slope i like a bit of Helter Skelter Happy Hardcore :)

most of the time though a bit of Loud Hard Rock or occasionally you cannot beat a bit of Classical music.

Soldato
Tru said:
Oh right :o I must check out that J5 one, thought they only had 2 albums. :)
3 albums, Amigo. J5, Quality Control and Power in Numbers. Whichever one you're missing, you're missing out :)

It's pretty nice. 17 tracks of previously unheard (by me) stuff. Roots Manuva and Dilated Peoples guest on a couple of tracks.

I don't know whether it's demos or what. The 'Pre-Historik' would lead me to believe that it's from before the J5 LP but this has the more produced sound of the later stuff.

Caporegime
OP
Wiggis said:
For me it depends how i am feeling and which slopes i intend to visit.

For a nice long fast red slope i like a bit of Helter Skelter Happy Hardcore :)

most of the time though a bit of Loud Hard Rock or occasionally you cannot beat a bit of Classical music.

Most of the time it will be hammering down reds and blacks, something to break my back to ;)

There are some great songs in that pack thanks everyone, now just 1 more week :( then im going! :D

Back
Top Bottom