Xbox 360 headphone - volume prob

Associate
I just connected my Sennheiser HD570 headphone to the Microsoft VGA cable using a 3.5 mm coupler. Now the problem that I'm having is that the sound volume is so low, obviously :(. Is there anyway to adjust the volume settings in the Xbox dashboard? If not, what other options do I have? Can I buy a wire with volume control for my Sennheiser headphone or will I have to buy a new set?

Last edited:
Associate
You're going to need to use a headphone amp to boost the volume. Higher quality headphones tend to require more power to drive them, resulting in less volume. Those headphones are rated 64ohm at 1khz, typical cheapo headphones are about 8ohm or less.

Associate
OP
I see, thanks. I had a quick search over at Ebay for 'headphone amp' and it's confusing me :(. What do I need to look for?

Associate
OP
PiKe said:
Can't you run through the line in of your PC?

Uhm, I suppose I could do that..., My 360 is right next to my PC anyway. What would I need to do in order to let the sound run through the line in of my pc? If it helps, I've got a Asus A7N8X motherboard and i'm using the onboard sound feature.

Samiad said:
I've just bought a penguin amp from ebay, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives in a few days if you like...

Yes! Thank you

Caporegime
Assuming it's 2 phono connectors on the VGA lead, one of these.

759_490.jpg

They cost a couple of quid.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
PiKe said:
Assuming it's 2 phono connectors on the VGA lead, one of these.

759_490.jpg

I have that one already (i think). It came with the VGA lead. I had to plug the white & red wire into that adaptor. What do I do now?

sorry for coming across as such a newbie :) thanks for everyones help.

Associate
OP
Yessssss!!! It works!!! I can finally hear whats under the hood of my cars in PGR3 :D

Thanks. I owe you a Belgian beer m8 ;)

Obviously it doesn't look too tidy in my room with all them cables but will see tomorrow what I can do with some thinkering

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hehe,

Well, first I put on the live headset, then on top of them I put my heady's. Obviously, it looks stupid :D :rolleyes: , it's not very comfortable... but hey it's not that bad :p

Back
Top Bottom