Sony Ericsson V600i / K600i Opinions Please.

Associate
I am looking to get the V600i quite soon on Vodafone PAYG.

Just wonder what everyones opinions on it were and the K600i as it is the same phone underneath anyway so your opinion counts for this.

If I do get this phone it will be an upgrade from a K700i.

I'm not really one for features I just really like the looks of this phone plus it has HID so I can control my computer with it just like on my K700i.

If this phone turns out to be rubbish what can be had for £100 that has:

Bluetooth
Camera
Possibly HID
Decent Memory size

Looking at other phones I believe this phone is good value at just £100?

Associate
If you don't mind the lack of extra storage, it's otherwise a good phone for everyday usage. Not exactly packed full of the latest features (and it's not a Smartphone if you wanted one) but it's very well specced for a £100 phone I think.

Personally I prefer the design of the K600i 100 times over the V600i because the K600i has a metal body, very solid build quality and (without measuring it with a ruler) seems a tadge thinner as well. But if you want to just spend £100, V600i is your only option really.

I'd say go for it, unless you were worried about the memory size (about 30-40MB odd, I think) or find a better phone for £100. Another likely contender for that price range is the Nokia 6630 - also 3G, Bluetooth, 1.3MP camera but not sure about HID. It also has external memory card storage.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that.

Was not looking for a smartphone (did look at the C550 though for £100 but now sold out).

I don't mind the lack of storage either as I will only put my K700i games on thier (60+ around 6mb) and a few mp3's for ringtones.

Was also thinking about the K600i but its more expensive than the V600i and I prefer the look of the v600i even though the K600i still looks nice.

Associate
In that case, I could only recommend the V600i then!

PS. You need the Sony Ericsson DRM Packager in order to use native MP3 files as ringtones, because Vodafone disabled the functionality in their firmware. Let me know if you need it, because it's no longer available from the Sony Ericsson page where it used to be.

Associate
OP
Raptor said:
I got one. Not a bad phone. Quite good really.

Mind me asking if you have any software, games and themes on it at all that did not come with the phone.

Could you also please tell me where you got it all form please.

Back
Top Bottom