FA Cup 3rd Round Replay **SPOILERS**

Soldato
Anyone watching the Leeds V Wigan game? its an exciting game for the neutral 3-3 atm with 1 min of extra time left Leeds have been behind 3 times! Gary Kellys just scored a screamer!

Also was wondering whys the crowd really really low like 25% full) down the side of the pitch yet behind both goals its packed :confused: I presume one ends the away fans but dunno about the other end?

Man of Honour
******* stupid ******* *****.

Wigan did well for the first half hour and from then on Leeds were on average the better side. Showed a huge amount of spirit and determination and its all thrown away by two pillocks that can't hit the target from 12 yards out. Unbelievable.

As for the question in the OP, there were over 15k fans there. Given that Wigan have no fans (both ends of the pitch were only populated by Leeds fans) so there were no away fans I don't think thats bad attendance for a Championship side charging Premiership money. Especially midweek.

At least we've shown we can compete. I thought we deserved to win it outright.

Man of Honour
Reidy said:
Like Healy missed the first penalty... i would have put money on him scoring from the spot in a shoot out!!!
I knew he was going to be stupid and go for power. Knew Hulse was going to too. Was watching with my old man and I told him what would happen before the shootout started.

Wish I could have told the damn players not to do it.

Soldato
Respect to Tamworth.

Went out 5-4 on penalties to Stoke

ps....

Brighton Youth 2 Chelsea Youth 1 attendance 4,500 at Withdean :)

Well done boys! into the 4th round

Last edited:
Soldato
seaviewuk said:
Well done Reading :)

2-0 down at one stage and 3-2 at the end. Great hat trick by Leroy Lita.

Just got back from the game and it was absolutely wicked. Reading were pretty much the better side from start to finish but West Brom got two goals via Chaplow with a nice counter-attack and some mediocre defending; definetely the best player West Brom had on offer.

In the second half however Reading absolutely destroyed West Brom and Lita got two great goals (look out for his second as it really does show just how good Reading are at the moment, was like watching Barca :D). Afterwards on BBC berkshire all the Kudos was obviously going out to Lita but personally I thought John Oster was the man of the match - West Brom's left side couldn't handle him at all and everytime he got the ball he created danger - and he;s not even first choice. Furthermore Sidwell dominated the midfield and made up massively for Harpers' poor performance (imo).

Overall a great game and really, after the second goal, West Brom never ever looked like they had a chance.

Man of Honour
Goes to show that the gap between the upper end of the Championship and the lower end of the Prem isn't as wide as you might think. Leeds matched Wigan in almost every department and as I said further up probably deserved to go through - and the Royals have gone one better and taken a Prem scalp.

Soldato
Royality said:
Just got back from the game and it was absolutely wicked. Reading were pretty much the better side from start to finish but West Brom got two goals via Chaplow with a nice counter-attack and some mediocre defending; definetely the best player West Brom had on offer.

In the second half however Reading absolutely destroyed West Brom and Lita got two great goals (look out for his second as it really does show just how good Reading are at the moment, was like watching Barca :D). Afterwards on BBC berkshire all the Kudos was obviously going out to Lita but personally I thought John Oster was the man of the match - West Brom's left side couldn't handle him at all and everytime he got the ball he created danger - and he;s not even first choice. Furthermore Sidwell dominated the midfield and made up massively for Harpers' poor performance (imo).

Overall a great game and really, after the second goal, West Brom never ever looked like they had a chance.

Glad to see two ex Brighton staff going onto better things :)

Do I really need to tell you who they are ;)

Soldato
Well I just had 25 heart attacks watching the stoke - Tamworth game :O

Just want to say a big well done to Tamworth though, they certainly showed our prima donnas a few home truths. We're really missing Bangoura at the moment though :(

Soldato
NiCkNaMe said:
Well I just had 25 heart attacks watching the stoke - Tamworth game :O

Just want to say a big well done to Tamworth though, they certainly showed our prima donnas a few home truths. We're really missing Bangoura at the moment though :(

True mate, i think the biggest problem though is coming in midfield, its been non existent all season. What it is that Stoke managers see in Russell I will never know :(

Associate
Gilly said:
I knew he was going to be stupid and go for power. Knew Hulse was going to too. Was watching with my old man and I told him what would happen before the shootout started.

Wish I could have told the damn players not to do it.

Im a Crewe fan and last time Hulse took a penalty in a shoot out for crewe it was against bournmouth.... he missed that penalty too lol :p

Soldato
Thoroughly enjoyed the Wigan-Leeds replay. Some fantastic football from Wigan and Leeds. Leeds did well to keep clawing back, I just had this feeling it will go to penalties, even when Roberts scored. What a cracking goal from Kelly, at first i thought it took a deflection off Roberts but after closer inspection it was clearly all his. Superb :cool:

Well done Reading, what a fantastic comeback, poor old Robson, back on the sauce again tonight ;)

Come on Cheltenham! Doing extremely well this season. Hopefully will be seeing them again soon with some free tickets :cool:

Back
Top Bottom