Even more Volvo perversion

Associate
A Poo car in a skilled drivers hands
and he DOES have some control skills,
but DAMN what a minger of a car.

there is nothing in that vid that cant be done in any other rwd car, the fact that its an ancient volvo should make petrolheads swoon? I think not

will write more when more awake

Man of Honour
FakeSnake said:
there is nothing in that vid that cant be done in any other rwd car, the fact that its an ancient volvo should make petrolheads swoon? I think not

This is exactly what I keep wondering about all this retro junk. Most of it is utter gash that does nothing any other far more competent car cannot do equally or better..

JRS

JRS

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
This is exactly what I keep wondering about all this retro junk. Most of it is utter gash that does nothing any other far more competent car cannot do equally or better..

More than likely true. But I can't help but like the idea of a turbo'd 240 series Volvo.

Mind you, a V8 powered one....that would be really nice....

JRS

JRS

Soldato
FakeSnake said:
a V8 powered most things would command a bit of respect?

You'd think so. My Olds doesn't seem to get much respect from the locals, but they all drive lukewarm hatches covered in plastic tat so I don't really expect it.

Man of Honour
Unless it's a Veyron or something nobody is impressed by anything these days.

Surprising agility from that Volvo, and he knows how to throw it about too. I bet that's a riot to drive.

Fox, unless we are talking expensive sports cars, I can't think of any regular production car that performs or drives like that.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox said:
Thats hardly a regular production car is it?
No - but you said something modern. Without spending a lot of money on an already sporty modern car and then modifying it (taking it way past what the Volvo would have cost) you aren't going to get something that's faster/better/whatever. Plus it will still[/b] be handicapped by ABS/excess weight and so on...

And don't forget, it's not about just being "better" or "more effective" - it's personal choice and fun too. When I was younger I had an efficient modern mountain bike, but I still got more enjoyment from dragging (technically inferior) BMX out for a blast.

Soldato
wow, that thing looks absolutely mental! that driver seems totally skilled, that thing looks to be lacking grip whilst going along at at least 40mph, must be a riot to drive, even if it is an ugly old box of a volvo, still looks an absolute riot to drive!

Soldato
Looks fast in a straight line, but just because it squeels and rolls and belches smoke going round a corner that a 1.0 daewoo matiz would take in it's stride without all the noise and drama does not make it a good car.

If you have the money to make all those engine modifications then for gawds sake pick something with a decent chassis at least!!!

Man of Honour
pinkaardvark said:
Looks fast in a straight line, but just because it squeels and rolls and belches smoke going round a corner that a 1.0 daewoo matiz would take in it's stride without all the noise and drama does not make it a good car.

If you have the money to make all those engine modifications then for gawds sake pick something with a decent chassis at least!!!
It's being deliberately provoked to drive like that, isn't that obvious? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom