Adding a website to search engines

Guv

Guv

Soldato
What is the best way to add a website to search engines?

I have no idea how the indexing of search engines work so some advice would be great

thanks

Permabanned
Manually submitting is fine, but don't expect engines to index them quickly that way.

The best way is to optimise your site as best as possible for search engines.

Correct use of text formatting

<title> <h1> <h2> tags, and a good clean mark-up. XHTML+CSS is the industry standard.

Also your navigation system on the site should be text based, with nice clean <a> links.

However the most effective way of getting on search engines in the first place is to be linked by other sites, the more popular the better.

Man of Honour
I got a site ranking 4th in Google after less than a week :D

Admittedly for a not-very-popular term, but still :D

Googlebot seems to love one of my sites...less than 10 pages but it keeps coming back :p

To the OP - link to your site from other popular, relevant sites, and it should be picked up fairly quicky.

Associate
Beansprout said:
I got a site ranking 4th in Google after less than a week :D

Admittedly for a not-very-popular term, but still :D

Googlebot seems to love one of my sites...less than 10 pages but it keeps coming back :p

To the OP - link to your site from other popular, relevant sites, and it should be picked up fairly quicky.

My db lists of googlebot visits is bigger than yours... :p ;)

Associate
Do you think when we're all on our deathbeds, we'll look back at life and reminisce with tales of the day we managed to get a site listed on the front page of Google?..

:(

Back
Top Bottom