Teamspeak

Soldato
Anyone know if its possible to just have the comms come from headset and the actual game audio from the speakers? Playing CoD2 with this headset is so tinny and tbh it sounds crap. Don't really want to pay for a better headset when I've got some Z-2300's that are being wasted (apart from when I use them with fooobar2000 for my music)

Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Get an Audigy 4 or something for the speakers and use the onboard AC97 for the headset, doesn't sound like a bad idea?
Wonder if conflicts with the drivers and IRQ's would occur:(

I know USB headsets dont use the soundcard which results in poorer sound quality, but that wouldn't matter if only used for comms? its an idea.

Soldato
Tim said:
I know USB headsets dont use the soundcard which results in poorer sound quality, but that wouldn't matter if only used for comms? its an idea.

:S does it?

havent noticed any problems with quality here, although im not an audiophile so dont notice difference in many sound things, for the average user its no problem

Soldato
OP
nick_cfc said:
:S does it?

havent noticed any problems with quality here, although im not an audiophile so dont notice difference in many sound things, for the average user its no problem

I just meant that a USB headset isn't actually using your sound cards capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom