• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

intel weak growth (wake up call maybe?)

Soldato
just spotted this on a few sites thought it makes an interesting read ? i think they have finally realised that AMD is eating them alive :rolleyes:

anyway predictions are that intel will come out strong in the first quarter
Click ME

anyway here are the articles.

Reuters Business

the inquirer

i sense mixed signals ? what do you guys think ? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well they are still giants - they just now know the market really isnt going to ignore a **** up (P4) any more. lucky for them they have the Pentium M which the market loves :p

Associate
They made 19% higher profits than last year so they are hardly on their last legs. Supposedly some investors and analysts were expecting more, which considering the market conditions was a little optimistic. This is purely the market reacting because they got the forecast wrong.

Soldato
I wouldn't attribute it to being caused by AMD's fierce competition straight away. Market slumps like this are not uncommon. Intel has been promoting Centrino so much that some people are tending to want to buy laptops now instead of "ugly" and immobile desktops.

Back
Top Bottom