Jelle Klassen (21) what a game of darts

JDL

JDL

Associate
been interested in darts since playing at uni to see a kid (even though i'm the same age) win a 7-5 match against barney is awesome. wish i had put i bet on at the start - was 100-1 to win :(

Soldato
Was a great game and a wonderful weeks performance from Jelle. Was getting a bit worried when he fell asleep for 2 sets (2 - 0 up) and again when he was 5 - 4 up I think. He thoroughly deserved it and it's nice to see someone new come through to win it.

Used to play darts myself, but then gave it up after 3 and a half seasons due to uni work. Would love to get back into it again but don't have the time no more :(

On a side note: I'd still like to see the 2 darts corporations merge together but there's no chance of that happening. Taylor is still by far the best player in the world and probably will never be bettered (Mardle is improving and Lewis looks very good at times but mentally isn't ready)

JDL

JDL

Associate
OP
jelle keeps his average higher when he is behind, its like he toys with his prey before going in for the kill!

for saying he has only been playing 4 years he has the raw talent , i just think he needs to work on his psycological edge (his speed to make others rush affects him) oh and he needs to hit them 19's a bit more :p

Man of Honour
Was an awesome match

this kid was throwing 180's for fun at times, only flaw in his game is he cant keep the pace through an entire match, rather in bursts

well deserved though

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
Eric Bristow has always been an arrogant ***, in his time the averages were far lower than today

I think what he is on about is that the averages of Phil Taylor is way more than the averages of the BDO championships this year... Klaasen had a tournament average of 90.09 or there abouts which is worse than what county players usually get (albeit the tournament is a much longer format than Intercounty matches, Klaasens highest average was 90.42)

Last edited:
Soldato
Smit said:
I think what he is on about is that the averages of Phil Taylor is way more than the averages of the BDO championships this year... Klaasen had a tournament average of 90.09 or there abouts which is worse than what county players usually get (albeit the tournament is a much longer format than Intercounty matches, Klaasens highest average was 90.42)
Not really fair to compare only Phil Taylor to all the other players as he is almost in a league of his own, if you look at other players from the BDO their averages are also lower.

IIRC Barney average last year in the final was a record with over 100 for three darts.

But the main thing for me is that the final (and the tournament) was entertaining and exciting, which for me is most important.

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
Not really fair to compare only Phil Taylor to all the other players as he is almost in a league of his own, if you look at other players from the BDO their averages are also lower.

IIRC Barney average last year in the final was a record with over 100 for three darts.

But the main thing for me is that the final (and the tournament) was entertaining and exciting, which for me is most important.

I know it's not fair to compare the two but that is what Bristow was talking about, mainly the fact that Phil Taylor is in a league of his own. I do enjoy watching the BDO since any player can win it so it's a lot more open but it doesn't hide the fact that the best darts player does not play in the tournament.

Both Corporations have good points and bad points... The PDC seems to be taking the game to new places like the US and the new tournament they are doing over there where US players take on the PDC players for $1 million I think it was (don't quote me on that) and also the Premier League.

The bad point is that Phil Taylor is too dominant and makes it slightly less interesting.

Caporegime
Yeah was a cracking final, i like that one better than the other one as its not always the same person winning, where as in the other one you know before it starts that Phil "The Power" Taylor is gona wallop everyone again. :D

Rumours are that Barney may be joining them now, but i don't think he's that good, all those players seem much better.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah was a cracking final, i like that one better than the other one as its not always the same person winning, where as in the other one you know before it starts that Phil "The Power" Taylor is gona wallop everyone again. :D

Rumours are that Barney may be joining them now, but i don't think he's that good, all those players seem much better.

Barney has said that he wont be joining the PDC and who can blame him, he would no longer be the favourite and considered the 'best' player

Back
Top Bottom