New Phone Woe..

Soldato
New Phone Woe.. (Another update included..)

I have just bought a brand new phone (D600) off a popular auction site.

It is branded to the Orange network and I have an O2 sim id like to use.

Have taken it to a local market stall to get it unlocked but he says it has been totally locked as in reported lost/stolen ?

Will Orange release this lock if i ring them or am i stuffed ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You're stuffed if the phone is blacklisted.

Get back to the seller and ask him why he's selling either stolen goods, or goods that he should have returned to the network.

Soldato
OP
Dolph said:
07973 100 150, when it asks for a number, either wait on the line or press random keys and it should put you through

Thanks I rang the number held on for a few mins then got the options needed to speak to an advisor.

Thankyou.

Well my phone hasnt been blacklisted so maybe the market stall guy didnt know what he was doing..

Suspended
haha a lot of phone stall people have no idea about phones despite selling them and offering unlocking services. Its usually possible to unlock samsungs with a simple code, google for "gsm forum" and ask someone on there, they know all the codes and info needed

Soldato
OP
gib786 said:
haha a lot of phone stall people have no idea about phones despite selling them and offering unlocking services. Its usually possible to unlock samsungs with a simple code, google for "gsm forum" and ask someone on there, they know all the codes and info needed

Turns out I can only unlock and debrand using a cable which i have since ordered. Should be with me tomorrow.

Pain in the proverbial but my fault for not investigating prior to the purchase of the phone.

Soldato
OP
What a COMPLETE Idiot I am..

So I have two phones all working fine - my new D600 and my crappy old Nokia for work.

Carrying two phones around is a pain so I bought myself the following twin sim adapter http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/4989.htm

Cut everything perfectly to size, put in the twin adapter into my phone and guess what - it didnt work...

Great, so ill just put the sims back into some replacement holders they gave me with it so I can use it as i did before.

My work sim fitted perfectly (thank god) so thats all working fine.

My personal sim is a millionth of a millimeter (approx obviously lol) too small and will not fit in snugly to the holder.

Am now without my 02 sim for a week while they send me a replacement.

GRRRRRRRRR :mad:

The moral of this story chaps is two fold:

1) Dont use twin sim adapters.

or

2) if you are going to use one then buy the cutters !! http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/4990.htm

/goes off to cry now. :(

Associate
lol - just been looking at the twin sim idea.... and google (my friend) send me to the twin sim thing....

hmmmm £8 for an adaptor ... £30 for a sim cutter !?!?

Anybody actually got these working properly in a W800 ???

Associate
conuk said:
lol - just been looking at the twin sim idea.... and google (my friend) send me to the twin sim thing....

hmmmm £8 for an adaptor ... £30 for a sim cutter !?!?

Anybody actually got these working properly in a W800 ???

My mates using on in his K750i, which is the same thing. Bit hard to get in and the cutting with sissors doesn't work. You need to use the twin SIM cutting tool really. Luckily there was one at work (I don't know why!). So Bingo. I still don't see the point of multiple SIM cards though....but hey!

Associate
Airax said:
My mates using on in his K750i, which is the same thing. Bit hard to get in and the cutting with sissors doesn't work. You need to use the twin SIM cutting tool really. Luckily there was one at work (I don't know why!). So Bingo. I still don't see the point of multiple SIM cards though....but hey!

yeah was just trying to get round how orange have skanked me outta my 250 texts a month! ... thought I was getting 120 mins 250 texts... apparently texts were for 6 months.... No way did the guy say this in the orange shop... and I cant find my contract to check ... my fault I guess... but left with 100 mins (that I dont use) and crappy 100 texts for £25 / month.... but now theres the FlexT option which is pretty amazing for the money.... just gotta find £125 to pay off orange now...

sorry to hijack the thread - was just wondering about the Twin sim idea...

Back
Top Bottom