Generating a Static website

Associate
I've been asked to convert a site that runs off a PHP script into static HTML pages so that it can be used locally without a net connection or server.

I've got it working so that an html file is generated when each page in the site is visited but as there are over 300 pages I don't want to have to do this manually each time I want to generate the HTML files.

What makes this more complicated is that page has the route taken through the site to the current page. Now preferably in the static files I would like the quickest route from the homepage to the current page. To do this I guess I would need some sort of script to follow links through the site till a terminal page is reached (something that is easy to identify.)

Could anyone give some pointers/ideas to get me started?

If you have any questions please ask.
Thanks a lot.

Associate
OP
JonRohan said:
Is it going to run locally on one machine?

I guess you could compare it to an manual you get on a CD with a program. The contents of the pages is stripped out of XML files using SimpleXML php functions.

I'll have a look at the httrack program.

map3.jpeg

That's how the site is layed out. Each grey box is a page (but they're not unique, some pages are linked to many times, from all over the site.).

Back
Top Bottom