Face of Mankind

Soldato
http://www.fomportal.com/

I found it posted on another forum, looks pretty good, anyone gonna download or consider it? I think there are something like 8 factions. Also, no NPC's, all humans. Just thought i'd share it with the forum, as it looks interesting. What do you guys think, first impressions?

Associate
I played it a while ago. Unless it has changed drastically since then, i thought it sucked. The graphics engine is (was?) terrible and basic avatar movement was pretty dire. Umm... one good thing about it was the voice macros, there was some pretty random stuff you could say to people :p

Soldato
OP
RichieUK said:
I played it a while ago. Unless it has changed drastically since then, i thought it sucked. The graphics engine is (was?) terrible and basic avatar movement was pretty dire. Umm... one good thing about it was the voice macros, there was some pretty random stuff you could say to people :p

Oh i see, thanks for clearing that up for me. Still may give it a go, i like hte idea of being able to go round and do whatever you like XD

Permabanned
The idea behind the game is that you gain in ranks by doing missions, these missions are created by players who are higher up in rank in the faction. you can also mine and produce items for sale. But I played the beta a few months ago and it was very unfinished.

Give it a go and let me know what it is like now before I download it again.

Suspended
Zefan said:
Which MMORPG hasn't let you do this? Is this not the point of MMORPG's?

Most mmorpgs dont let you do this, to date I think only Ultima Online of the big name MMORPGs has let you. (Maybe MxO but this isnt exactly a good example of a mmorpg anymore).

In EQ/WoW/EW2/SWG... etc your hands are tied by namby fluffy bunny rules of not being able to steal/murder etc at whim.

---

On the subject of FoM I also tried it a while back, conceptually its good but lacks in the tutorial department if I remember correctly. A mmorpg doesnt need good graphics to be a good mmo (UO proves this) but you do need to know how the world works and how to control you character etc in order to play a game of this potential scale.

Permabanned
As said, a good idea, badly implemented. I was lucky/unlucky enough to be in the first waves of beta.

The community gradually turned into a cess pit.

GFX are adequate, but the controls/animations and PvP system were horrid. Giving the players that much control over the game world was always going to be a risk.

Back
Top Bottom