Help with japanese auction sheet

Associate
The owner off a car im interested in sent me this auction sheet but Im not sure what part is the auction grading so I just want to make sure. I put a red square around the part that I think it is but does anyone know for sure?

1.jpg

Associate
OP
merlin said:
Yes, that's the grade.

3 out of 5.

are you sure its 3 out of 5 ? not 3.5?

because if its 3 out of 5 then that would not really make sense to what the owner is telling me in london. He says its in very good condition but it does have 1 rust spot on the body which I have a photo of. Its only done around 13,000 miles.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a dent in the roof, a dent in the n/s front wing, dents in both doors, scratches on front and rear bumpers.

But he may of course have had all this fixed.

Associate
OP
merlin said:
There's a dent in the roof, a dent in the n/s front wing, dents in both doors, scratches on front and rear bumpers.

thanks, i've never bought a jap import before and couldn't make much sense of the auction sheet. The owner never said anything about the dents so I better ask him about them before I take a long trip there.

Caporegime
merlin said:

You can read Japanese ? :eek:

Soldato
merlin said:

or it may have been run over by a road roller :D
unless anyone understands Japanese, then it could be anything,even just a reminder that his book about AE86's is overdue

Soldato
Simon said:
You can read Japanese ? :eek:

lol, no. I got sample docs from when I was researching buyin the DC5.

Remember the u is dent and a is a scratch and they number them too if on same panel, and a ua is dent and scratch etc.

A lot of the important stuff is in english though - odo reading and you can figure the codes like pw or ew for elec windows and sr for sun roof etc.

Soldato
Merlin is probably right TBH.

I had one of these with my GTIR. I think its 3.5 grading as those bidding on the cars will know its out of 5.

13K miles is a little hard to believe but you never know. As this is an AE86 its more the overall condition you want to worry about rather than miles. This was my belief anyway when buying the R.

Sheet suggests DVD, CD/MD player and TRD LSD. Did the seller mention it had an aftermarket rear diff?

When the buy won my car he asked for £2K up front. For that I received an auction sheet and 4 pics :eek: Not good staring at your new car thousands of miles away for 2 months!

Associate
OP
vanpeebles said:
i think we should all get ae86s ill have a red and black two tone one :p

this one is a red and black 2 two tone :p

ae1.jpg

ae2.jpg

13,500miles, certificate which verifies it as 19,000 Km

Specs:

Full Fujitsubo exhaust system (JASMA certified)
14” RS Watanabe Wheels
TRD LSD
HKS Air filter
Cusco Front strut brace
TRD short Shifter and Gear Knob
TRD suspension
Uprated Brake pads (Unknown make)
Toad Cat 1 Alarm and Pager
Original Toyota Fog Lights
Analog gauge cluster conversion

Soldato
Does anyone know or remember what the "x" means? (n/s door).

It's either repaired or poor repair, or repair necessary or requires replacing.

Maybe thats where the rust is?

Awesome car btw - hope you like going sideways. :cool:

Soldato
Mechanical Arts said:

I've got one of those engines :p

That rust doesn't look too good to me. If there's a visible hole that size then there could anything hidden down there and it's not the kind of place you want it to be rotting (mk1 mr2's suffer in the same place, wet leaves etc can accumulate behind the front wheel arch liner and rot the bottom of the 'A' pillar), I'd either be budgetting to get that properly sorted or looking at a different car.

Back
Top Bottom