Stealing car parts

Soldato
First of all, I was having a conversation with a mate of mine about how his wiper blades had been nicked the other day from his car right outside his house, and today I get out of work to find that one of the center caps of my alloy wheel have been nicked. The jinx was that I said that I have had nothing taken from my car before, so its **** law that its gonna happen to me :D

Now i'm pretty sure its been stolen because I came out at lunch to my car, and i'm 95% sure it was still there, and when I come out of work it had gone (def would have picked up on that because of where I was parked).

To show you what I mean:

alloy.jpg

The centre cap is missing, and they take a fair bit of force to get them off. Nevermind eh? Next thing that concerns me is that will Ford sell the centre caps as a spare so that I don't have to replace the entire alloy itself? Just gets my back up thats all, or if anybody has any ideas of where I could get a replacement that would be appreciated ;)

Soldato
There are some absolute scumbags out there.

I've just read on another forum that some guy had the bonnet of his car forced open in the middle of the day so that the ***** ***** could check whether his engine was turbocharged. (Rover Coupe VVC's have rear discs, as do the Turbo's in case anyone was wondering).

Soldato
OP
Paras said:
you can get the cap by it self but it will be a lot cheaper on ebay.
Cheers guys, forgot to mention already checked the bay with no luck, although I have mailed a guy who has managed to roll an ST onto its roof so ts selling as scrap for nearly 5k to see if he is interested, will also give Ford a ring later, although i'm expecting it to be steep :(

Soldato
OP
In fact £13.21, just gave them a call now, a LOT better than I was expecting tbh, but still quite annoyed at the fact that the car is mine, I wouldn't dream of taking somebody elses if I had one missing :(

Soldato
eidolon said:
I've lost 5 sets of alloy valve caps, the kids in my area must have the poshest BMXs Grrrrr...............

That's so annoying. I just stick to black plastic ones now. I'm sure all the alloy ones I have lost look really good on some ****** rusty fiesta :mad:

Associate
I went to the Ford parts store near me about a week ago.
I was quite surprised by their prices, i thought they would be a lot more expensive.
For example, a set of original Ford hubcaps for Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo etc were £25 for a set of 4.
VW charge £25 for 1 hubcap for a Bora.

On my Zetec S i've got silver metal valves and valve caps. I'm soo surprised that havent be nicked yet!

Soldato
xcessive said:
I went to the Ford parts store near me about a week ago.
I was quite surprised by their prices, i thought they would be a lot more expensive.
For example, a set of original Ford hubcaps for Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo etc were £25 for a set of 4.
VW charge £25 for 1 hubcap for a Bora.

On my Zetec S i've got silver metal valves and valve caps. I'm soo surprised that havent be nicked yet!
Ford's always have cheap parts dont they?

Associate
jamoor said:
Ford's always have cheap parts dont they?

Yeah i realised their parts would be cheaper than others but didnt know they were that cheap. You could almost say some of their products were priced competitively rather than just ripping you off like other dealers.

Associate
Like Vauxhall - had to get two new complete wind mirrors for my Astra. Cost me £204.32 !!!! and I had to got to Halfords and buy primer, colour and top coat for another £15. Then fit them myself!

Back
Top Bottom