S@H Parp to Magman

Associate
babyface uk said:
Morning all.

A S@H type PARP to Magman in cell 12, please clear it up i'm moving in soon.

Babyface UK.

I can't compete with a RAC like you've got, even if I stopped running all my other projects the best I could get up to is about 3500 or so.

So be careful as you overtake me in your powerful SETI car not to knock me off my little push bike.

On second thoughts, lets drag it out a bit, all of the other projects are going on suspend, lets see what RAC I can raise in SETI for a while.

The (uneven) race is on. :D

Associate
It doesn't help when Borkeley runs out of work just when I want to start to ramp up production.

I seem to be getting enough work for now though for most of my crunchers. Typically the one that hasn't got work is a Athlon 64 3000 which would help a great deal.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
same problem here, only just got wu's for all boxes, 4 ran out over the last few days. You also have your hosts hidden so I can't see what i'm up against, sneaky :D

As a plus i've finished overclocking the AMD 4400+ so a few more wu's from that machine.

Babyface UK

Associate
babyface uk said:
same problem here, only just got wu's for all boxes, 4 ran out over the last few days. You also have your hosts hidden so I can't see what i'm up against, sneaky :D

I had to hide my CPU's as I used to crunch on my works laptop and the computer name on BOINC gave too much information away. With some recent firewall changes on this PC, I can't crunch on it anymore but I still have to hide the PC's because of old results, a real PITA.

To give you a hint as to my crunching power (or lack of it compared to your farm) I currently have 16 computers working at present (two are down for hardware faults). My most powerful computer is a Dual Athlon 242, but most of the rest are running Athlon XP's from 1600 to 2500, most of which can't be overclocked as well.

These are all located at Chez magman, along with 6 working layers of Stompy.

Associate
babyface uk said:
Leccy bill must be right up there :D

Silly question bit I assume you are using Crunch3rs caching apps?

Yep, Leccy bill is sub-orbital at present, over £200 per month.

I only recently started using enhanced apps, effectively since Christmas, as I didn't have the time to work my way through all of the different versions for the different types of processors I run. Also, a lot of my crunchers are running Windows 98, so this can cause some problems with Crunch3rs version of the SETI client. It gets even more complicated in that I run multiple projects, so you aren't supposed to use an optimised BOINC client as it screws up the claimed credit for these other projects.

I only got round to installing optimised clients on 3 of my computers today, so it will be interesting to see what this does to my stats over the next few days.

Associate
babyface uk said:
Mr Magman,
Still haven't stomped you yet, did you have a stash hidden somewhere?

Babyface UK

Nah mate.

I crunch on a lot of other projects (mainly Predictor and Rossetta at the moment), I've just suspended these while I attempt to fend you off for a short while. It's been quite interesting to see what my true SETI production can be, I'll probably keep most of my production on this project for a while even after you stomp me, just to keep you honest.

Shouldn't be too long before you stomp me though, less than a thousand difference between us at the mo.

Associate
babyface uk said:
( why are we up this early to post?? lol )

Don't know about you, but I was working (sad I know).

As I read it at the time of writing your on 909,095.31 and I'm on 909,035.55.

I wonder if I've got enough WU's completed for micro unstomp. Time to have a look. :D

Associate
Seti-Cruncher said:
Errm, nobody but you can see the names - or IP address.

That's strange, I've just checked and your right.

I could have sworn that you could see them a while ago when navigating from the open usernames View computers (but only when you actually clicked on a Computer ID)

I wonder if this was changed sometime in the past? :confused:

Oh well, I may as well make them visible then. :D

Back
Top Bottom